I have chest pains...and Dr's say there is nothing wrong

Posted , 57 users are following.

I am a 30 year old woman who has always been healthy. Recently the past 2 months I have had a chest pain and been to the hospital multiple times thinking it's related to my heart. They have done ekg, and echo ultra sound of the heart, xrays, ct scan, and of course blood work. Everything comes back normal. They say it's anxiety but after being on anxiety medicine and having constant panic attacks I'm thinking that they are wrong. I get a pain on the middle or left side(below breast) of upper abdomen and sometimes it's right in the middle of my chest upper chest..other times it's on my left side near my shoulder, it on my left forearm, elbow, or wrist, and sometimes back..they are quick pains that feel like a stab or shock that last a second or two but I'll get them on and off. Sometimes I can go a day with out it and just feel pressure or discomfort and other times they happen a few times a day. I wake up feeling nervous and shaky and I don't know if it's the anxiety or the medication causing it. I feel like I'm going crazy. My dr doesn't seem to concern and have an appointment with a new one. I also have an appointment with a cardiologist just in case but if they say it's fine what else could it be? I've read it could be shingles. But I don't get any rashes. Or it could be a nerve. I just know that I had never had anxiety like this before. Anybody have any thing that it could be? Please help with any ideas.

7 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey guys,

when i found this it made me tear up because its nice to know i am not going crazy.

i'm having the exact SAME symptoms, pain in chest, pain in shoulder, dizziness, palpitations, pulsating neck, fatigue, loss of appetite, shortness of breath that keeps me awake at night...

4 days after my second shot of Pfizer i got some inflammation on my left breast and palpitations.

i went to ER and they ran blood tests, ecg and urine sample to check what was going on.. everything was fine, i had some sinus tachycardia which was probably from me worrying about the palpitations and my potassium was low. they discharged me and told me to follow it up with my doctor.

i went to the doctor the next day and she sent me for a ultrasound on my left breast, it came back that i had some trauma but they said it could be from a previous injury that i have no idea about?

anyway, its been over 4 weeks now and i've been to ER 5 times and had 6 ECG's, so many blood tests, xrays, ultrasounds with nothing to be found just my white blood cell count was a little lower then usual but the doctor said not to worry.

I finally saw a cardiologist on Monday and he fitted me with a ECG monitor for a month to assess what is happening. I went back and had a heart ultrasound today and the cardiologist said my heart looks healthy and i shouldn't be concerned.

my doctor prescribed me with Escatalipram but i don't think its having any effect on my feelings because the pain is there and its not going away.

if anyone has any updates please share, as i will share my updates too.

I take comfort in knowing that i'm not going through this alone and i am so glad my friend found this thread otherwise everyone would of probably thought i was still just anxious and overthinking....

posting from Sydney, Australia.

• Posted

i am an 18 year old female. This pressured chest pain started about 3 months ago. I thought that it was just an air bubble or indigestion but as the months passed it seemed to progress. The pain can radiate into my right arm, my neck, and my left nipple. It hurts really bad, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and it’s hard to breath at times. The doctors say I’m completely fine and they ran all the tests they could. Every day I worry that I’ll pass in my sleep. I’m so scared. I exercise and eat well too, I’m average weight.

• Posted

did you get the covid vaccine at all? Do you think the vaccine might have caused your symptoms or something else? i hope you feel better eventually. don't freak out and lose hope bc that might worsen your breathing. try to stay calm, okay?

• Posted

Hello!

I have a similar situation going on myself. Since October 2021, I have experienced chest pain, arm and shoulder pain, breathing issues, back pain, insomnia, and even neck/jaw pain as well. However, I have had EKGs, Chest X-Rays, and blood tests done, and a cardiology appointment, all of which came back as normal.

My doctors tend to brush it off as anxiety or depression , or panic attacks. However, I truly believe it is cardiac related and something dangerous is happening inside my body.

• Posted

Hello. I am 19 years old and suffer from the same problem. These pains are so bad. I have a pain in my chest like you, it often hits my left arm. and sometimes it gets to my back and chin. Doctors say I'm fine, but I'm worried. How are you now?

• Posted

Hi , I am 28 years old . I am having too much chest pain since 3 days . my blood test ecg everything came normal but this pain I am feeling is real . Its sharp and stabbing and causes discomfort . I am feeling extremely helpless at the moment . With the pain happening so much I keep on thinking about it all the time . What can i do i have no idea

• Posted

Hello, this is information for all of you who are going through pain on left side ribs and for many years.

After five years of pain & lots of diagnostic done but found nothing by any cardiologist yet.

Finally, I have consulted a Gastroenterologist who examined the symptoms and at first sight discarded it a cardiac pain and it has been told that there is not any physical ailment of any kind.

However, he was very confident that it is suspected to be an intercostal muscular pain which is occurred due to MUSCULAR SPASM.

He seems 100% confident that with 10 days it will go away and I have some relief within 2 days. Let see pain goes completely. Will update you soon.

• Posted

hey, im going throught the exact issue has everyone on this page and im just trying to get answers. did the Gastroenterologist suggestions help at all, its driving me insane.

ALSO to all the rest that come looking at all the comments and are going through something simular please write it down on this page. we need to find out how to help eachother

• Posted

hi,

my name is Aso .i am 38.last October i diagnosed with CML(blood cancer)i was given tki drug called imatinib .3 month later the drug i was given has changed into different brand.Straight after the new drug i have experiencing chest pain and also done all related test as you are mentioned but nothing shows up!

Dr prescribe me with some antibiotics and stomach tablet as was identified chest pain related to my stomach (gastro/digestion)!

i felt little bit better however the pain is still there!

so far i personally believe that my chest pain might be related to my stomach,because when i am eating spicy food and consuming auger my chest pain accure.

"I also have stress and anxiety like you and its also could be related to panic attack as you know that "panic attack"has similar symptoms.

please let me know if you have found out your the main issue!

hope all of you get healed by the time see my comment.

regards

• Posted

Hi there - I shouldn't say this but it gives me great comfort that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm 25 years old and I've been having periods of chest pains for more than 2 years now. been to the a&e twice and they've checked everything (ECG, bloods & X-ray) everything was fine, also had both Endoscopy and Barium swallow but everything was normal aswell. after my recent a&e, doctor said maybe it's something about my to do with my acid reflux and affects muscles around my chest but I'm really struggling and I feel like I'm losing it. People I tell about thinks that I have hypochondria. I know I have anxiety but I'm actually in pain 😦 I have had another consult with my GP and he just given me another set of prescription Pantoprazole (and another drug) to pair with it. He's gonna book me in for an Ultrasound to check all my organs hoping they find something curable (I know it sounds bad but I really need to know cos its driving me mad). Please let me know if you know anything, hopefully everyone get there discomfort fixed by now.

• Posted

Hi,

I’m not having all the same symptoms you’ll are having. However, this was the only place I found that many of you all has seen the doctor. Im having chest pains after walking. This has been going for many years. I have been to two cardiologists and to the emergency room. Ive done 2 stress tests, holter monitor test, ekg, echocardiogram, blood tests, ct scan (or mri im not sure). Also I went to the hospital to do a heart scan - 64-slice CT scan that provides enhanced 3-D views of the inner workings of your heart. However, my pulse rate had to be 60 and mine pulse rate was 90. So, I couldn’t have that done. The only thing they said was wrong was skeletal muscular. In other words, the cardiologist said it could be a pulled muscle. The cardiologist didn’t go into detail about what skeletal muscular was.

Anyway I feel like I’m dying and the doctors just don’t know what the hell they are doing. Sorry if I come like I’m giving up but I feel like giving up.

PS I’m 45 years old

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.