I have chest pains...and Dr's say there is nothing wrong

Posted , 57 users are following.

I am a 30 year old woman who has always been healthy. Recently the past 2 months I have had a chest pain and been to the hospital multiple times thinking it's related to my heart. They have done ekg, and echo ultra sound of the heart, xrays, ct scan, and of course blood work. Everything comes back normal. They say it's anxiety but after being on anxiety medicine and having constant panic attacks I'm thinking that they are wrong. I get a pain on the middle or left side(below breast) of upper abdomen and sometimes it's right in the middle of my chest upper chest..other times it's on my left side near my shoulder, it on my left forearm, elbow, or wrist, and sometimes back..they are quick pains that feel like a stab or shock that last a second or two but I'll get them on and off. Sometimes I can go a day with out it and just feel pressure or discomfort and other times they happen a few times a day. I wake up feeling nervous and shaky and I don't know if it's the anxiety or the medication causing it. I feel like I'm going crazy. My dr doesn't seem to concern and have an appointment with a new one. I also have an appointment with a cardiologist just in case but if they say it's fine what else could it be? I've read it could be shingles. But I don't get any rashes. Or it could be a nerve. I just know that I had never had anxiety like this before. Anybody have any thing that it could be? Please help with any ideas.

7 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

ive had the same thing happening to me. ive been to hospital multiple times and everything is always normal also seen a cardiologist and he has done lots od different test and still everything comes back normal but im still having chest pains and numbness so they sent me to a gastroenterologist for my stomach and did a endoscopy the meds seem to help for awhile they prescribe but not anymore

• Posted

I literally have all the same pains in the same areas you just described. I'm a former cancer patient and smoked a few years but had quite. I have had tons of blood work in the last three years, 3 echos, 1 stess test, and a nuclear stress test. They said i passed with flying colors they said everthing looks great. I'm currently seeing the leading cardiologist in the area Dr. Deepak Hooda but after all that I'm still having the same pains and I'm convinced that I'm just going to be walking one day and fall over dead. It's not normal to have all those random pains and feel like this but the best in my area can't give me any answers so where do you turn then.

• Posted

Hello, your story is pretty much the same as mine. I go to the ER thinking its heart related about 5 to 7 times a month. Everything comes back normal. Finally, one Dr in the ER ordered an MRI and was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Hopefully this isnt the case for you, since MS is no fun. I too feel as if im going crazy. i wish you and everyone going through this the best.

• Posted

I'm 13 and have the same symptoms. Chest pain with seemingly no cause, I have anxiety as well, but it never felt like this before. I had ECGs, X-rays, and blood samples, and they did find something in my chest and declared it pneumonia. I took antibiotics and the fuzzy spot in my chest went away, but the pain didn't. While I was in the ER they found out my chest caved in a bit (pectus excavatum) so that might be something to look out for. I am desperate to find a way to deal with this, and I hope we all find something out.

• Posted

i am a 30 year old female, i have a ventricular septal defect and have been having PVC's/bigeminy. i have chest pain, arm pain, cold sweats, all the symptoms of your garden variety heart attack. i see a great cardiologist. i was recently seen in the er and given Lopressor for palpitations and sent home. hopefully i find out what the cause of these pains and palpitations are asap. anyone else dealing with this have a pre existing condition? anyone else using beta blockers?

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are going through this. please keep us updated. You are in my prayers friend.

• Edited

I have been having chest pains for six months now. i go to the er so often i am now embarrassed. I usually go by means of an ambulance. they have done all the tests. blood work EKG echo dye test X-rays still they find nothing. I'm afraid to even eat because my heart rate goes sky high. I'm so scared. its the not knowing that scares me the most. my hands are always sweaty. i don't really leave the house, and now i find myself drinking a lot of booze just to not feel this way. i just Don't know what to do any more. i wake up so scared its unbelievable. i start getting short of breath and i feel like I'm going to die. I wish everyone here the best. its bitter sweet to know I'm not alone. my heart rate is usually through the roof, but today i can barely feel it, and that is making just as nervous.

• Edited

Your entire post is me exactly. My Dr is at a loss. It has been one month and 1 day since my chest pain started. All tests come back normal. Mine started 3 days after I got the second Moderna vaccine. That first day I literally thought I was having a heart attack. My Dr is getting me in with a cardiologist and hopefully they can figure it out. I'm so tired from it! I hope you get answers!

I just realized this was posted years ago but edited 3 days ago? Wondering if you ever found anything out?

I'm 39 Female. Also struggle with anxiety and asthma but never like this past month.

• Posted

Hi i am experiencing something similar i am a male 22 yrs old and received my 2nd dose of the pfizer vaccine a bit over a week ago and the day after experienced some mild chest pain on the left side. They warned me about the rare issue of heart inflammation following the pfizer/moderna shots so straight away i thought it was that. I ended up waiting a week and then going to walk in clinic because the mild pain persisted. They checked my heart rate and oxygen levels and said nothing was wrong. The next day i checked in to urgent care because the pain was worse. Doctor ran ECG, blood test and x-rays and told me that everything was fine and there was no heart inflammation. Its been two days now and the pain is still here and now my chest feels tight. Starting to really freak out about it as no doctors think anything is wrong but i can tell something is. Have you found out anything yet??

• Edited

hi this exact thing happened to me. in all my 18 years of life i have never had heart issues until i got my pfizer vaccine. my heart felt funny a few weeks after i got my second dose and i ignored it bc whatever right? but then the discomfort and pain became so unbearable i just could not deal anymore so i told my mom. we got 3 ekgs done, echocardigram, chest x ray, blood work. everything was normal except my white blood cell count was up by 1 and my mom thought i was fighting off an infection. i dont mention when my symptoms started to certain ppl bc when i mention the vaccine might be the cause they scoff at me and roll their eyes. ppl think its my anxiety but ik my body and ik myself. i have never felt this bad w my heart nor chest. it is driving me crazy w how my doc says im fine and so does the cardiologist but im not fine. why else am i staying up late w horrible chest pain that feels like there are needles in my chest and veins. i just want a diagnosis. i rlly need answers bc i am feeling so lost and brushed off by professionals. i dont even feel like myself anymore. everyday i hope the pain will just go away and leave me alone but it doesnt. i feel like im just not myself anymore. can someone pls reply and say whether or not they can relate or if they found treatment at all? or ways to cope bc worst case scenario, im just going to have to live in pain everyday and hope this isnt something life threatening. pls im so desperate and i dont mean to come off as dramatic but im scared.

• Posted

hey the exact same thing is happening to me except i got the pfizer vaccine. were you able to find out what was wrong w you? any treatment, diagnosis, or anything positive that has happened to your condition since the time you posted your symptoms?

• Posted

I went through the same turned out i had gastritis after all the cardiac stuff was normal went to the gi dr..2 endoscopic later they nailed it down ..good luck feel better

• Edited

same thing is happening to me im 27 ive been to the hospital my hearts perfectly fine. i have got no answers they just say im fine. i would love to know if anyone gets any answers. its driving me crazy!! they keep telling me i have costochondritis

• Posted

Hello! I am 19 years old and for the past 4 weeks i have been struggling. At first I was dealing with severe constipation but then turned into chest pains and side pains that would go away and come back throughout the day. The pains feel like cramping or sometimes even sharp. I went to the doctors and they ran so many tests on me,heart,lungs X-Rays,blood work etc you name it they did it. Then they told me I am healthy and nothing is wrong and that it is just anxiety but it does not feel like anxiety,this whole thing is taking a lot out of me and giving me even even more anxiety. I know I have bad anxiety but I have never dealt with pains like this before. Like I said earlier the pains are on my chest and my sides..I drink plenty of water,stay on a healthy diet and do everything the doctors are telling me to do but yet nothing is working...anyone have any suggestions or going through the same thing?

• Edited

hi. i am going thru the same thing as you. im 18 and i feel so lost. My heart and chest area havent felt the same for months. i feel discomfort in my chest area and below my heart everyday. my pain is on and off. I went to my doc and she told me to get an ekg. at first my family and i thought it was pericarditis or myocarditis bc i was experiencing horrible weak heartbeats, exhaustion, shortness of breath, and chest pain even while at rest. ekg came back w some abnormalities but my doc said it was normal. went to the cardiologist and she did another ekg, and echocardigram. said my heart was fine. no immflammation. she called it a medical mystery. i didnt wanna hear that. tht only freaked me out more bc i came for answers not an idk from a professional. it was nice to hear nothing was life threatening or wrong w a key organ i need to live but it wasnt nice at the same time bc ik there is something wrong. they think its anxiety and ik i have some anxiety ofc. but i will be completely still and calm both in my mind and body and still feel pain. that is what is scarying me. i want to know what is wrong. i was supposed to go to college a few weeks ago and move into my dorm. i had to withdraw and stay in bed bc im in pain. mentally this is getting to me. i want answers and relief. i am going to therapy and my therapist said im experiencing depression and anxiety which was a given. i had to give up something i wanted to do and the only ppl i feel tht can help dont seem to know what is wrong w me. i hate it. just a few months ago i was fine. all of a sudden my heart and chest have pins in needles, discomfort, chest pain, tingling, and tightness. idk wht to do. i sleep so i cant feel anything and to escape the hopelessness i feel. i just want answers and help or for this pain to just leave me alone. i dont understand why this is happening to me. i hope someone can relate and help

• Posted

i feel the same way at night. i feel so hopeless and scared. i worry even more making it harder to breath. lets have faith one day we can find what is wrong. did they give you lung tests too? did they check for blood clots and pneumothorax? ❤️

• Posted

no i did not get any lung tests and they did not check for blood clots. my main complaint that i was trying to tell them is that i have left arm pain in the area i got my shot, chest tightness that radiates to my left arm and armpit and shoulder and collarbone, and sharp pain in my left chest veins. the shortness of breath went away on its own thank goodness. it was hard feeling like i couldnt breath for weeks. idk if they are going to find what is wrong w me bc all the tests they run come back normal. it is disheartening and i feel like my dr thinks im just anxious but i really do not feel like my body is normal anymore. at least not my left side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.