I have experienced constant stomach pain for the past 11 years. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

In 2003 I was walking off a soccer pitch after a game and all of a sudden I felt a pain in my stomach. 11 years on and this pain remains having never once disappeared.  I have had numerous investigations to try to get to the bottom of the problem but none have been successful. Medical professionals seem satisfied in describing my condition as IBS however I do not experience the symptoms of diarrhoea or constipation that predominate with IBS.

The pain is always present but becomes even more pronounced after food. Even on a low FODMAP, gluten-free, and dairy-free diet, the pain will always get worse after a meal.

Below is a list of everything I have done to try and solve the problem. Can anyone give me a new suggestion? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get any enjoyment from life with this problem present. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Edward

Investigations / Diets / Treatments:Ultrasound Scan x2

Urea Breath Test x2

Endoscopy x2

Colonoscopy x2

Gluten Free / Diary Free Diet - 1 month

Low FODMAP Diet - 3 months

Reflexology

Homeopathy 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi dkenned,

Borax comes from the chemical boron which is used in small amounts together with magnesium and calcium. It is supposed to be a good to take for your health. A chap called John Miller has written a book called 'Grow Youthful' where he recommends boron as a health giving property.. You can locate the book and boron on Amazon.....just to let you know....best wishes with your problem...

• Posted

Hi dkenned,

Then I would most certainly go back to the doc and tell him/her the proton pump inhibitor is having no effect. I would say this is what is causing your pain. I saw my friend in pain with his hiatus hernia and he really suffered. Hopefully, now they have discovered the HH the doc can do something about it and stop the pain for him...best wishes with yours...

• Posted

Thank Lilian. I am going to try contacting a new Consultant. The hiatus hernia must be playing a role.
    • Posted

G,Day from down under at 21 my Mother took me to Out Patients with Abdo pain they took me to Thearter and took half my Bowel out Big Job then a Year to the Day ,Back in i went with Abdo Pains again they oped me up and took 3 foot of Gang Green intestine out plus my Ilium out which left me with Cronic Diarrehai for years my poor old Bum was red hot going up to 10 Times a Day them a Doctor sent me to a Big Hospital in Melbourne they got me to Blow into littles of Blue sort of water as i blew it went to white water any way they came back and told me my Body was Not taking B12 into my Blood System so i had B12 Inj once a Month had plenty of Gas all the time Then had my first Lamenectomy 5 in total and many many Bowel Adheions Blockages very painfull 3 Opp,s for that can any one help me Name what i have had is it Crohns or what Malabsorbsion Syndrome B12 Inj needed half my Bowel out 3 foot of Gang Green intestine out and 5 Lamenectomys my stomach and back look like a snakes an ladder,s game Big Cut every where i take Questran Lite for the Runs MS Conton 100mg x 2 a Day 2 x Proladone Supp as my Body is not taking up the med,s from my Gut and 2 x Adhesion opp,s had my last one a few years ago and Gall Bladder out by Open Surgery i thought they Cut me in Half i have Never had Pain so Bad they had to put me on a Morphine machine with a Ketamine infushion to help with the Pain it allso stopped me from Smoking the Ketamine Reset my Brain reseptors Off best this i ever did stopping smoking .They told me a would be in a wheel chair by my 25 Birthday and im now 62 and riding my goldwing motor bike and doing lots of Charuty work keeps my Mind Off my Back .Has any one else had the bowel out and Adhesions opp  as the Dr did not name the illness i had do you guys Know Please any feed back would be Great Thanks Member,s cheers .?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.