i have gastritis and my body was itching. is that connected?

Posted , 15 users are following.

My body started itching and had a bad stomach pain, then diagnosed with gastritis. Is gastritis and itching on my body connected?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi adelle, what are other symptoms you're having besides itching?

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I only have burning sensation on my stomach whenever I get hungry. And a very itchy which I couldn't sleep at night. it's a horrible feeling. I never had allergies from food and I'm already 35.

• Posted

Hi adelle 1105

Itching over the body can be linked with liver problems. Visit your doctor and tell him/her of your itching symptom...

• Posted

I TOO HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH GASTRITIS WHILST CHECKING ON MY BARRETTS AND PANCREAS. I ALSO SUFFER FROM ITCHING AND GET WHAT LOOKS LIKE BITES(SPOTS) IS THIS A SYMPTOM?

• Posted

i have started making a list of symptoms because when i see the consultant/doctor, i tend to forget these other details.

im thinking it prob is related

• Posted

iv had bite like spots too but doctor didnt seem concerned

im sure its related and i too have had allot of symtoms that have changed over the time

all tests so far clear

• Posted

unfortunately my results weren't great!

GASTRITIS, barretts and todays results ulcerative colitis.

there is most definately a connection with the flare up of gastritis and itching mainly at night.

ive found low dose valium helps ease the agitation.

• Posted

hi linda

are you saying these bites are related to the gastritis as apposed to either of thr other two diagnosis you had

if you could share any or all of your symtoms it would be really helpfull as maybe i have what you have

• Posted

they arent bites, just my way of describing them.

omg, where to start?

tiredness, headaches, general feeling of unwell, bloating,stomach pain, wind, bleeding, itching,fever, rapid heart beat,heartburn, trouble swallowing certain foods, mind foginess, depression, trouble sleeping......

• Posted

linda i got itchy back like i have been bitten it worser at nite when im sleeping

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

I too get an itchy back, it is bad at night before I go to bed and when I'm in the shower strangely enough.

I have had bad gut problems for years and have to follow a very restrictive diet and in my thinking it has to be related to this.

Interesting to see that others have the same problems. I too get the what look like insect bite marks, mainly on my legs from time to time too.

Steve

• Posted

Wait this is interesting lol. I haven't gone to gastro yet, but I've been having Gastritis type symptoms, and I've also been having generalized itching.

It is mostly on my neck and arms but can be anywhere rlly. I just start feeling itchy in a spot and I scratch and then it becomes red and sometimes even little hives appear. It's not my detergent or anything, I don't know what it's coming from. I thought maybe it was a stress itch bc I also have anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.