i have gastritis and my body was itching. is that connected?

Posted , 15 users are following.

My body started itching and had a bad stomach pain, then diagnosed with gastritis. Is gastritis and itching on my body connected?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm interested in this discussion as I too have excess acid issues plus I come out in itchy hives, mostly on my arms. I wondered if there was a connection with histamine?

• Posted

Hi Linda,

My gastritis is kicking back up due to a lot more alcohol intake lately, and I havent been taking my prilosec. The worse the pain in my stomach has gotten (assuming my gastritis is acting up) the more itching I get. it's usually on my arms, head, and legs. Glad to read that others experience this as well. i'll be hopping back on prilosec, tuning the diet, and cutting the alcohol, i'll see if that helps.

• Posted

hi adelle my name tracy i found out on 31st march 2022 after have a camera put down my throat tht i had mild gastris i had pain in my tummy every thing i eat make me throw up or feel sick and since aving mild gastris it made me lactose intolerance i can have anything that has dairy products in it and no spices co i changed my diet to everything plant based food and since have the mild gastris i was feel bloated loss off appetite now im iron deficiency every thing i eat feel me up including water i csnt even drink fizzy drink cos it makes me throw up or drink coffee so i drink vegan Horlicks but when i eat i eat small amount and im on 3 different pills inculding gaviscone cos i have to much acid in my tummy tht agravating the linning if my tummy and i have to take iron tablets for 3mths and i been feeling week and tired lack of energy and the mild gastris is making me bleed and i thoughtbit was my period cos 7mth ago i had a marina coil pot in and i was told my period will be arratic for 6mths and i spoke with my gp and they said the reason why im bleeding to do with the mild gastris not my period

• Posted

I also had bites and still have itching. I was recently diagnosed with gastritis. I've been treating myself and my home for every type of mite imaginable. I stumbled upon this post and was shocked to see that someone else has associated this with actual bites in their description. I've taken care of the bites, but I still itch. I know it's been years, but I was wondering if you had any resolution?

• Posted

Hi Adelle,

I know you put up the above post 4 years ago but can I ask you are you still having itching on your body and was it linked to your diagnosis of gastritis?

I was diagnosed with mild gastritis a year ago and still get a terrible itch all over my body.

Cheers

Liz

• Posted

Me too! no rash and not all the time, but itching on scalp, arms, legs, face, neck. it started with my gastritis symptoms. hoping to hear a reply on this thread...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.