I have had LS for over 3 years.f

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had LS for over 3 years diagnosed by biopsy.  I have been using Clobetasol twice a week except for the 1st 12 weeks which was every night.  I had it completely under control until the past 2 months,  I underwent 2 surgeries and a hospital stay which required lots of antibiotics.  Even though I took diflucan, I still got a yeast infection that was misdiagnosed as a flare up of LS.  I am now really suffering,  Can’t wear underwear because of the pain.  I am going crazy because I never know if it is yeast or LS as I don’t get that familiar white discharge.  I never know if I should use the topical yeast medication or the Clobbetasol.   Has anyone ever used both together?  I do have itching which is relieved by topical yeast medication. I also use coconut oil.  This is the worst flare up I have had.  Thank you.  I am new to the discussion

Sandra

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sandra, although things seem bad now, I'm sure it will all settle down again once your body recovers from the stress of the surgeries you've had. In the meantime, I think you can get something like an anti-fungal plus hydrocortisone, or use the medications at a separate time of day, ask GP or pharmacist. Also, surgery can take a lot out of you, so it's a good idea to be particularly careful to look after yourself, even more than usual, good diet etc. Personally, I take Fluconazole too when needed, but include the drink Kefir on a regular basis, which I get in the Polish food section in the refrigerator at a well-known supermarket. Hope this helps. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Maggie, thanks for your help.  I just never know if it is LS or yeast as both have same symptoms.   Gyno said it wasn’t yeast, but my heart said it was. I went to another Gyno and she did the test and it came back yeast.  I took the diflucan, but after a few days the itching is back.  The pain never went away. Do you get the pain?   I eat lots of yogurt and do probiotics.  I am so relieved I found this site.  Nice meeting you Maggie❤️
    • Posted

Hi Sandra, you're very welcome, nice meeting you to. I've had episodes of thrush since the age of 21, I'm now 57. My thrush is nothing like my LS. I was only diagnosed with LS 2 months ago. I only had white skin and fusing around perineum/fourchette, which has improved since using all my prescribed meds and borax/oils etc. I've not had pain, itching or burning thankfully. All the best Hun x

• Posted

I'm new too everything. Scared! Terrified of disfigurement. Has the steroid prevented that?I know you can use Organic Plain Greek yogurt to cure yeast if you are tired of meds.

• Posted

Don’t be frightened.  If you continue treatment with the Clobetasol.  You will keep it under control 
  • Posted

Could you go back to your gyno ?  Is there swelling ? I just was put on glob and in 2 days itsgetting better. Go back to using twice a day and put lotion on your toilet paper. I read something about wearing silk panties instead of cotton? I’m going to be looking into Mona Lisa laser. I feel for you I’m suffering and I was diagnosed 2 months ago. 
    • Posted

Good info on the TP.  I use coconut oil to help in keeping my clothes from rubbing.  I have been wearing my panties inside out for 3 yrs.  the stitching inside the panty really hurt. I am so glad I have someone to talk to.  It is a lonely disease and a very emotional one.  
    • Posted

I just found this site! So thankful as well Sandra smile.  I wish there were docs that specialized in LS. I’m going to ask my GP if she’s knows of any that are in my area.  I’m so depressed trying to balance this LS out! I see many who use borax is that not a harsh product? How do you use it I’ve only seen in powder form. I’m only on glob and I have emu oil for dryness. I really would like to know how many women out there are suffering from this!! 
    • Posted

I have never used borox just the clobetasol,coconut oil and estrogen cream.  If you are post menaposual the LS CAN have more symptoms because of lack of estrogen 
    • Posted

I asked the doc about estrogen cream. He said to wait? I really would like to try it. I’m 61 and had a hysterectomy at 45. Why would I have to wait?? This has really hurt my romance with my hubby. 
    • Posted

Hi Hun, I don't know if you're in the UK? I'm under a Dermatology Consultant at a Vulval Clinic. My main treatments are Clob ointment, oestrogen ( Ovestin) cream and borax solutions and various oils. I read on another site that whereas steroid knocks out the immune system, oestrogen cream is important for healing. I'm still using it at least 3 nights a week, and Vagifem tablets internally 2 x a week. Best wishes x

• Posted

I’m using clobetasol and nystatin (nilstat) cream which is antifungal. I suffer from recurrent thrush so when I feel like I’m getting thrush I’ll use  nilstat cream. My dermatologist said that nilstat is the best one to use because it is the least likely to irritate the skin. It works really well.
    • Posted

Do you believe it’s better to see a dermatologist?? I was wondering if I should get recommended to see one . I’ve only seen my gp and gyno
    • Posted

Isabelle is nystatin a med I can buy over the counter?  Do you use Clobetasol and Nystatin together?
    • Posted

It is my understanding that Gyno is best choice.  Dermatologist don’t have stirrups in their office and don’t have as much knowledge as a Gyno on disease or choose not to treat it.  If there is a volva Clinic in your area that is where you need to go.  They specialize in LS.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.