I have just been diagnosed with vascular dementia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! everyone

I have just been diagnosed, I have had a few TIA's (mini strokes) and when I went to the stroke clinic in Dec 2014 the consultant said he wanted me to have an MRI scan, I went for the results early January & the doc said I had white matter disease caused by the strokes.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. How are you now? Any progress? Warm regards.
    • Posted

Hi! Teresa

I have not heard of the phosphatidylserine or the alpha lipoic acid but will google to find out more about them, thank you!

Whilst I was at the Memory Clinic, I gave them a list of all the meds, vitamins & supplements that I currenty take and the doctor said not all vitamins/supplements are good for you but he never commented on the ones I take, so I assume they are okay & I am carrying on taking them.

Thanks again Teresa xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.