I have literally lost the ability to sleep, and am completely loosing my memory

Posted , 32 users are following.

Almost three weeks ago I had a panic attack, ever since then I have pretty much completely lost the abilty to sleep my haed is so numb and almost completely lost all of my memory, I just feel like an empty vesile now, nothing works sleeping tablets, anxiety tablets, you name it Iv'e tried it all, people just tell me it's the anxiety making me think I'm loosing my memory but I just know that I am, I have almost completely lost the ability to imaginate, and I am almost certain if they did an x ray on my brain it would show extensive brain damage, I know most of you probably won't believe me, but I think I will be completely brain dead very soon, just don't know what to do anymore 

0 likes, 117 replies

117 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi David I posted but it didn't show up I am going through something as you but longer

• Posted

Hey Sam 

Sorry just wondering what you meant, do you mean you are going through similar symptoms to me and just wondering if you could go into detail on you're symptoms if that's ok smile

• Posted

Hey Sam 

Sorry just wondering what you meant, do you mean you are going through similar symptoms to me and just wondering if you could go into detail on you're symptoms if that's ok smile

• Posted

David You are worrying unnecessarily. Please google vidoes on sleep secrets by drs.
  • Posted

Hi David,

Haven't seen you in these boards lately. I hope that means you're feeling a bit better.

• Posted

HI DAVID I am so sorry u are going through this I am going through the same thing I have had MRI test done and nothing shows up. I had a side effect from a prescription drug and I haven't been the same Noe I so stressed I not even sleeping I haven't had o e good night rest in months k don't feel I know how to sleep Noe I wanted to know did things improve with you? What are u doing nke and if u have advice please share with me. Thank u

• Posted

Roughly 3 years ago due to circumstances Beyond My Control in life I lost the ability to sleep.

The doctors say that I suffered a neurotransmitter shift and as a result I have lost the ability to sleep without extreme tranquilizers every night.

Trust me when I say I understand what you're going through and also needless to say if you don't get control of it with proper medications it can and will cost you your health your sanity and potentially your life. You must become your own advocate the doctors will eventually listen to you keep talking don't stop. You may have to go through a sleep study and they suck but the result will be they will find the right chemicals to help you..

• Posted

Could you elaborate on the circumstances behind your sleep issues? Maybe in private? I have also lost my ability to sleep. I no longer get sleepy, and I lay in bed for up to 8 hours. I may have also suffered this neurotransmitter shift you speak of. All because of brain shocks that force me to wake up when I try to sleep.
    • Posted

Hello Rodney, I think I may have gone through the same thing. I do not feel the need to sleep at all. My mind feels blank all day. Do you have time to talk? Dont know if you would see this message.

• Posted

David can you say specifically that you do not have antibodies for Hashimotos, and an ANA Titer came back negative?
  • Posted

Hi, I know how you feel. I have the same problem as you do during the last 3-4 years. I was in fact, posting about my 'solution' (which is not a real one, but is the only thing that has helped me) in another thread.

Here it is what I said:

'Hi everyone.

I've been suffering from this now from almost 3 years ago.

It has not been solved yet (forehead pressure, inability to sleep, poor memory, inability to retain knowledge):

This is what worked:

-SLEEP. I dropped from school. I started trying to sleep as i used and as I needed to. In order to sleep, use:

-MELATONIN. The best thing  to sleep. Currently I'm taking about 15 mg of fast delivery melatonin and 6-8 mg of prolonged liberation melatonin.

-TURMERIC. If you manage to get 8-9-10-12 hours of sleep, you're on the good road. Now I can sleep about 7-8. My simptoms are still not solved. Turmeric has helped me regain some of my brain. I cannot focus completely, but I used to not be able to even watch TV. I was not able to read or do anything meaningful. Horrible. I was so dumb that I don't even cared about my inability to do anything. In fact, I relate to quite a few comments in this thread. So, one of my best findings:

I discovered that turmeric helps. I was able to 'eat' about 48 grams (1.69 ounces) of turmeric per day during some time, but take it slow, as it damages you (for example your stomach), and it can make you sick from anemia (it makes it harder to absorb iron, so take vitamins for that while you eat turmeric). It helped me a lot. When you eat turmeric the pressure on the forehead increases, but your cognitive abilities improve after. It does also improve sleep.

-EXERCISE. I run about 9 miles a day, and that helps a lot with the symptomps too. Increases the blood that goes to the brain, and it helps you with sleep too.

-SEEK HELP. You need all possible help. You will need 5-6 years probably to solve this (I don't really know if it's solvable, hopefully it is). My mental performance has gotten better in three years, but i cannot do anything else in life aside from focusing every single day in order to make sure that I'll sleep OK that night and that the next day I'll be able to get up from bed (which I'm not always able to do).

-VALERIAN, URTICA DIOCIA (NETTLE) AND PASSIFLORA  INCARNATA (PASSION FLOWER). those help with sleep.

-FOLIC ACID (I recommend you eating legummes) and B class vitamins.

-AVOID TOXICS. Parfums usually worsen everything. Try to avoid them.

-IMPROVE YOUR DIET (vegetables, avoid onion or garlick)

-DON'T GIVE UP. THIS IS THE SADEST, HARDEST PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH. MY BRAIN HAS IMPROVED, BUT IT SEMMS THAT I NEED MORE AND MORE THINGS TO KEEP IT AS IT IS, AND MAKE IT SLEEP EVERY NIGHT. If I don't manage to sleep the hours my brain needs, I'll only go to the previous situation, and that is bad, really bad.

If we don't act, I am very worried that we will end up with some kind of dementia. Please, be strong, keep the courage in. I know you deserve it. Convince someone how big the problem is, how big your brain has been damaged, seek help in your parents, tell the doctors that you're gonna end up on the streets, with an empty space inside your skull. Be dramatic if you need to, this is no joke. We need a lot of help, because this is not easy to reverse, and it won't do unless you put all your efforts on it.

After periods of anxiety and stress, brain damages. There are parts that are 'easy' (with help of turmeric, exercise, and good sleep) to recover (by easy, i mean three years, for example). But the sleep... That's f*****g hard. My brain doesn't know that it should sleep at least 8 hours per day, so I have to make everything possible myself to make that happen. And when it does not happen, you just go run your 9 miles (the next day), eat your turmeric, and pray god that next night you'll be able to sleep.

I'm seeking new ways to fall sleep in hope that I will continue to recover from this, hopefully something does work.

God helps us. Best luck to all of you.

Blessings.

PS: Please, if someone manages to solve this problem, I would be very glad to hear how did he/she overcomed it. Specially if there's something that is effective in making your brain sleep as it should. My need for melatonin, valerian, exercise, and all that has just increased in this years. And I cannot cure myself if my brain doesn't know that it has to rest in order to recover itself.

PS2: Sorry for the tone of the post. I just didn't managed to watch all this people thinking that they're gonna die, or that they will end up with some kind of dementia. I come across this thoughts too, not too long ago, when I was suffering from anemia besides this problem. It's a really tough thought, and a very depressing one. So keep strong please. All my love and my support from here. Doctors have little clue about this. We should try to spread awareness.'

That's what I posted. This can ruin your life, and it's so sad, to become in a useless piece of meat unable to do anything. And no one understands it! People will usually treat you like you're mad, because they have never experienced such a thing, and I wish I wouldn't have either.

If someone finds something to improve, restore the sleeping function of the brain, please tell me. This is hell, I ruined my life, and I don't know how to overcome it. 

• Posted

Hi david88338, I read about your problem and I am in the same situation. I lost my ability to sleep since about Nov, 2014 and I have very bad days.to date I am still looking for any solution I just don't give up. I lost my job and I am about to lose everything I have, but I am going for my third sleep study. If you found a cure please let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.