I have LS and HSV2…

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have LS and the Herpe virus 2, can anyone tell me what protocol you have been given and whether it is working well. I have heard the Clobetasol does not work well with the herpe simplex...help please...

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Linda, 

I also have HVS2 and LS. Ive had LS for 21 years. This past January i got diagnosed with HVS2. I actually thought i was having a LS flare up, i used the Clobetasol and omg i was on fire, i couldnt wash it off fast enough. I am lucky and dont have many flare ups with my LS. For my HVS2 if i have an outbreak i take  my anti viral, i take vitamins, i take baking soda baths, try and limit my stress, which isnt easy, i also use coconut oil for my LS and HVS2. 

• Posted

I am so sorry for your pain with it. I am hoping I won’t start with an outbreak but feel an itch sometimes. Are you putting the Clob on the inside and not the outer skin? So it sounds like your doc gave you the same treatment with or without the HSV2...thank you for replying. 
    • Posted

Thank you Linda,

I use the Clob on my vulva mainly. But I've had LS for so long and have managed it well. This Hvs2 is devestating, physically and mentally.

• Posted

yes it is....I have been rubbing the Clob on the outer part of the Labia Majora, should I rub it lower?
    • Posted

I put my Clob where the doctor directed me, did your doctor give you instructions?
    • Posted

Yes, after what seems like 7 weeks this thing is not stopping irritating me daily. I can’t stand the discomfort especially to the upper areas. When I walk feels like sandpaper up there...thx Mary Lou...
  • Posted

I'm very new here and not an expert in anything.  But I do have some knowledge on some things.  So what came to mind when you said Herpes is that a relative has it and his wife gives him L-lysine everyday.  Maybe do some research on that.  Google lysine and herpes.  Hope this helps a bit

• Posted

I also was diagnosed hsv2. I think I contracted hsv2 and then developed LS. I think the virus sent my immune system into over drive. FYI. I have never to my knowledge had an outbreak. And I used clobetasol ointment twice a week. I followed dr. Goldsteins protocol. Very important. Google him. You must use the ointment. By lichen is in remission.  Clobetasol calms the immune system so some people can get ob’s. It has never caused me to have one. 
    • Posted

I will check him out also, thank you for that. To my understanding, ls is an auto immune disease. My doctor said there are factors they think causes it, but no one knows for sure, and unfortunately no cure. Even babies can get it. I thought I had a yeast infection, but after biopsy it was confirmed ls.
    • Posted

They classify it as autoimmune due to your body attacking its own tissues...lots of theories of what triggers it but none are clear cut. I look back and can think of many things that they list as possible triggers...
    • Posted

I am still using it twice a day because I am miserable...when will it settle down? This has been weeks...
    • Posted

What is an OB Mary Loo? Dr. testing me physically and said I have Vulvadynia...I had pain as soon as she touched the tissue...hard ot believe I was great just 2 months ago..
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that Linda. Its difficult enough without something else! OB is out break from the HVS2. So how is the doctor treating you now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.