I have serious Health anxiety and worrying all the time.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone, well where do I start. I suffer with severe health anxiety. I'm absolutely petrified of anything and everything. At the beginning of December 05/12/14, I fell ill, I had chest pain and sweating all the time, no energy and so on....... I honestly thought I was going to die, turns out it was a chest infection.

But now a month on I'm getting all these strange feelings in my body and once again my anxiety is kicking in major time.

First off it started with pains in my groin so I thought I had cancer. Then I had this horrible itching all over my body, but only in places I was thinking in my mind. Then I started getting all these red blemishes come up, which to me was (some crazy illness). Then I started getting neck pains and started feeling around and thought my glands were swollen. Now my current symptoms are sore/tickle throat (but doctors can't see anything) I also have strange bowel moments. 4 days ago I couldn't go to the toilet (number 2) the next day I finally managed but it was a struggle and felt like constipation. Now this is where it gets strange, yesterday and today I have had really bad diorrea (very watery) and as you can imagine I'm scared (very scared). My health anxiety is destroying my life! I panic that there is somthing wrong and then I panic if I say to myself (it's just your anxiety) incase it isn't and I do have somthing wrong with me.

I went doctors yesterday and he said my throat was fine and my blood pressure was fine and that the red blemishes that are on my face and back are all normal. So why is it that I'm so scared of anything to do with health still? Honestly I'm going crazy. I haven't eaten in 3 days, I barely drink anymore (not alcohol) water and that, and I'm so tired and I mean I'm tired all the time, I slept 8 hours last night due to new medication the doc has put me on (Dizapan) but I am still always tired, my eyes are heavy and I could fall asleep anywhere. But all this makes me think I have a horrible illness.

I feel like an idiot and have no one to talk to cos people will just look at me and laugh..... but honestly this is not funny anymore. I get so upset I start crying and shaking and think my whole life is over, I'm only 26.

I appreciate any help or info you guys have to offer.

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have this too, but only about my chest. For 6 months now I have been convinced I have heart disease and at any minute will have a heart attack.

Without sounding dramatic it has consumed my life because I don't go out really anymore and also I've got a baby who I feel I'm missing out on things with because I'm frightened to go out alone with her incase anything happens.

I've seen a few different doctors then got referred to a Cardiologist who has assured me nothing is wrong with my heart. But I get severe pain in my chest and when it happens it's quite hard to believe any of these doctors!

I totally understand what you are going through x

• Posted

Ryan,

ok first thing first, the valium (diazepam) is a temporary fix, you will feel at ease than probably sleep, but this is not adressing the real problem that you are facing. This is serious.  You are not alone , millions of people suffer of anxiety disorders like you.

Why are you scare of anything to do with health is a very good question for you. Look deep into your past, try to remember when it first happened, what was the trigger, write it down somewhere and every time you have an anxiety attack, trace back all you did that day, the goal here is to identify the trigger or triggers..

Take care

• Posted

Hi ryan iam exactly like you, once the fear of one symptom has gone a new symptom takes its place its so draining at times, i feel like everyday iam constantlt worried about my health or my young daughters health, ive felt very depressed these last couple of weeks wheremy anxiery has gone out of control, im currently experiencing a lump in the throat type sensation altho i can swollow and breath perfectly fine and there doesnt seem to be anything down there, im so fed up of this feeling so i totally understand what ur going thru.
  • Posted

Hi my names nicole & as much as I hate to see others go through this it makes me feel good I'm not alone .. I have suffered from depression & anxiety for awhile now but after 04/30/13 (when I had my baby) it all just blew up!

I went to see my regular dr for a check up & my alkaline phosphate levels were elevated.. He told me to check with my OB to see if this was normal after having a baby & the NP said no! It wasn't because of my pregnancy so then my dr ran all these blood tests on top of numerous tests.. Scans.. Mri's ect & everything was normal .. I got into a bad depression thinking the worst.. Started getting pains in my breast.. Sharp pains in my head.. More tests done & everything was normal.. Went back to see my OB but this time the actual dr & he said.. He could've saved me all the stress & tears because the reason those tests were abnormal was because I just had my baby!!! I was so angry that I had all these tests done & now I'm a mess!!

As of now I'm always worrying! Now I get actual panic attacks.. Tingling numbness in hands head legs .. Floaters in my eyes.. Buzzing in my eyes .. Digestive problems.. I've had bowel problems for years now but lately it's getting worse.. (Stress) mostly loose stools (every now & then constipation) cramps.. Sharp pains in belly area & my lower abdomen feels swollen & I start googling everything & that causes more stress! I feel like I'm crazy but the pains are really there.. Depression & anxiety & stress together are horrible.. Does anybody else get the digestive problems.. I keep telling myself this is all from my anxiety stress but I still end up googling .... Help!

• Posted

I completely understand where your coming from.

I've gone from being a confident 20 year old to someone who can't do anything and thinks that I've got all sorts of cancers.

I'm suffering from severe bloating, stomach cramps, gas, tingling sensation all over my body and just general worry and it's driving me nuts!

All I think about is that I have stomach cancer!

Is anyone else having these problems???? I really can't cope anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.