I have shingles on my face scalp and eye has anyone had same experience?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Rash appeared Saturday the pain is unbearable and right eye swollen shut and left eye is starting to swell today. I've been to eye doctor and he said eyesight is ok. Scared to death my hair is going to fall out. I haven't been able to eat in almost four days. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 like, 33 replies

Report / Delete

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello josh10005 I'm so sorry about your situation and I understand how you feel. it's a good that your eye doctor evaluated you and your eye sight is not affected, my shingles was in my left leg but as soon as I take the medicine (acyclovir 800mg 1 x a day) I notice that it gets better after 2 days, all I can tell you is to hang on and I know it's easy to say to calm down because not able to eat won't help your immune system to fight that virus, for me I took vitamin c, try to sleep and have a good bit of exercise and eat anti inflammatory food like adding turmeric to my food or ginger, also ask your doctor for pain medicine put ice pack on part that is painful I hope it helps,

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes i have. You need to very careful when washing & combing your hair. No scratching. I used olive oil & coconut oil mixed together. And applied it to my scalp after i washed my hair. I will say the rash on my scalp wasn't so bad. I also had a swollen eye & rash on my face. It is very painful. Hopefully your doc gave you something for pain. Hope you feel better soon

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That is awful. I'm so sorry. I put Greek yogurt and 100% zinc oxide mixed together on my rash. It eased the pain and itch, and, I believe, it helped dry it up. Are you taking acyclovir and something for the pain?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In future. if the symptoms before the re activation, please start the anti viral drugs. You must have a standby prescription at home and it will help not to have a full blown of it.

Stay away from nuts and drink more green tea.

You must start to take supplement like lysine or olive extract or garlic to build up ur immune system.

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I'm taking antiviral meds and hydrocodone 5mg for pain which isn't helping at all. I wish I could post a pic on here to show you guys. My doctor said it's the worst case he has ever seen. Thanks everyone for your advice it's greatly appreciated. If you have anymore pls feel free to comment
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up