I have small red dots on the head of my penis, what is this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Currently sexually active and this morning I found some bumps on the tip of my penis. Never had this before and was wondering if anyone could shed some light or provide some guidance as to what I should do next.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have attached a picture for reference
  • Posted

That pic isn't really in focus, but it just looks like balanitis, and will probably just go away by itself.  Taking a leak and washing (just with water, no soap or shower gel) after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream if it doesn't go away by itself.

These links may help, though the second one is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro

• Posted

Hopefully this picture is better. Is this something I should have checked out? Also, what might have caused it?
    • Posted

Personally, I wouldn't see a doctor for something like that unless it gets worse, and is still there in maybe a couple of weeks.  It's a fairly common infection, especially for sexually active men, and women get similar infections a lot more often.

There are lots of bacteria and viruses all over our bodies at any time (many of them beneficial), and sometimes they cause infections.  This isn't dissimilar to something like athlete's foot or jock itch.  Sometimes antibiotics or antibacterial soap can cause infections like this, as the "microbiome" gets out of balance.

• Posted

I replied, but it says "This reply is waiting to be moderated".  I've no idea why, but I wouldn't bother getting checked out if I were you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.