I have started spotting and bleeding while using hormone vaginal cream.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been using the vaginal cream twice a week for 2 1/2 months. Started some spotting ten days ago. Now it is getting heavier. In the little booklet, this is a side affect. I am post menopause. It has been 7 years since a period. Now sore breasts, mild cramping, etc. I think I will stop the cream. Has anybody else been through something like this with vaginal cream? Thanks.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I started bleeding the day after starting estriol . It lasted about 3 or 4 days. Of course I discontinued the cream but discharge went from pink to yellow. Has anyone else had this experience?
  • Posted

I started bleeding after 1 dose of estriol cream. I had used it before but had been off it for a month of so.
  • Posted

I have been on Estradoil for 1yr.  I bled after a few weeks and then again on New Year’s Eve (2018) & then this week I had “dark clotty spotting” which turned red, & then clotty brown again & has lasted over 7 days! & I’m still spotting.  I’ve left a message for my Dr. but since it’s getting lighter, I’m not sure if I should call again if I don’t hear from her.   (My pst 2 Times I spotted red blood & only lasted 2-3 days.) Should I be concerned? 

• Posted

yes apparently it's normal when you first starting using but if it continues for too long. 2 or 3 months you should get checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.