I have strange anxiety symptoms and not convinced by doctors

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, just seeing if anyone has similar, for a while now had pain in my left armpit /shoulder and top and bottom of back, I was convinced heart attack originally but after 4 ecgs and blood tests proved not, I have got it into my head it's heart disease, the doctors have assured me I haven't and keep saying anxiety, the scariest bit is I can do about a hour of activity housework walking gardening etc and I'm sweating loads, feel faint and need to sit down, now I am due to attend a echocardiagram soon but xray s show my heart as normal size and all stats are ok the doctors still say anxiety but I'm not so sure, can symptoms get this bad with anxiety? I'm in permanent pain

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello there,

I too have gotten pains in my left side only,

I've gotten chest pains during anxiety attacks. My heart will pound at random times when I'm not even feeling nervous, but my doctor seems to think it's only anxiety that's causing it and not my heart.

During a panic attack, My jaw starts to hurt too and my arms feel very funny. Things feel very unreal, to the point it doesn't even feel like a panic attack.

I can't say that the pain is permanent for me, but definitely get checked out with that. Do you feel any lightheadedness?

• Posted

Yes, Jon, symptoms can definitely get this bad with anxiety. You will find many more people on this forum who suffer as much as you do.

If I did a load of gardening and housework for a couple of hours I am quite sure that I would feel faint - or at least in need of a cup of tea and a sit down in my favourite chair!

So you're not alone, I can assure you of that.

Tess

• Posted

Ty tess that really helps, doc recommended me to a forum I'm glad I did

• Posted

JON

Good luck with your test, if the tests are negative of any condition you need to accept that as true

Over the last two wees it has been very warm outside, in the garden we will sweat that is normal as the body needs to cool itself.

If you sweat a great deal and you need fluids, drink a mug of water with a little salt in it, this replaces the salts and fluids when it is hot

BOB

• Posted

Remember to come back to this discussion after your echo so that we know you're ok!

• Posted

Hi, Jon. Sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. What I can tell you is that I occasionally have the same feelings under my armpits, and was also convinced it was my heart. After a trip to the ER and good test results, though, I was able to ignore these feelings during the last few weeks. But here's the crazy thing about anxiety: Reading your post reminded me of those feelings, and guess what? Yep...I started feeling them again! Haha. Only this time I know that I'll be okay....well, actually, I'm having some different anxiety lately that's not heart-related, so I'm still worried, but not about my heart! Hopefully knowing that other people feel as you do will provide some level of comfort. And please, if (and when) the tests come back positive, believe your doctors. You'll be okay...I promise. 

Much love, 

Nicholas 

• Posted

Ty nick that really helps, I'm sorry I reminded you of those pains, but glad you know it's nothing to worry about, that helps me to, you take care and chat anytime ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.