I have strange feeling, like the blood is draining from my body and I'm terrified

Posted , 17 users are following.

I'm just hitting the menopause and i already take HRT as I had a hormone imbalance. I also have epilepsy but it is completely controlled by medication. I have been having really strange episodes where it feels as though all my blood is draining from my feet and I feel lightheaded. These happen every day for about 10 days then stop for a week, then come back. I also feel depressed and my anxiety levels are through the roof. My doctor doesn't think it's epilepsy, he thinks it's stress which is made worse by the menopause symptoms. I'm 48. Has anyone had anything like this? I feel like I'm going mad. I cry all the time. Sorry this is so long 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hi Nic,

sorry to hear about all you are going through. i realised this post was 3 years ago. can i asked if you still feel the 'blood draining away from your body feeling?' i feel that lately for the past month and its frightening me and scaring me lots. i have seen GPs and they narrow it down to anxiety and GAD. i am not sure if thatvis so . for the past month plus i have been having no appetite, nauseous,giddy, fatigue and this out of the body feeling which includes numbness, pins and needles and also this feeling of blood draining from my body. does it go away now that its been 3 years from your post ? would be great to learn more from you and anyone here who may experience the same horrible feeling .

thanks .

Elaine

• Posted

I just turned 48 and in the last year have been experiencing strange episodes during the middle of the night. I wake up half asleep and feel like all the blood has drained out of my body, especially from my head and upper torso. The sensation usually lasts a few seconds and then I fall back asleep and can barely remember exactly what happened the next morning. Are these the same kind of symptoms everyone on this forum is describing? There have been a couple of more significant episodes where I actually got out of bed while this was happening. Upon standing, my head was just pounding and my vision was completely blinded by the sight of colored patterns, stripes, and stars. My entire body then started to feel very heavy and I felt like I was going to pass out or die..... I was evaluated and tested by a cardiologist who found nothing wrong and suggested I see a neurologist. I came across this forum on a google search and now suspect my symptoms could be hormonal and related to perimenopause. Has anyone experienced the same symptoms as myself and gotten any kind of definitive diagnosis?

• Edited

Hi ya did you ever get to the bottom of this is am 42 and have been having very similar symptoms i could just be sat in the chair and all of a sudden its like the blood is draining out my bodt more the top half mind, i then feel like i might pass out or drop down dead it only lasts a few seconds but its very scary i then end up feeling anxious and get a pounding headache, i am yet to go to see the dr but think i need to xx

• Posted

Hi, i am so relieved to hear that other people are getting this horrible frightening feeling. I am getting it most days and feel very shaky aswell. I really am petrified of it. i cant control it.

Ive had blood tests but all normal. im 51 and have been getting awful menstrual migrains since i was 43 but in the last couple of years am feeling terrible. still getting regular periods but feel so ill. i tried HRT for about 4 months. i tried the gel but didnt feel any different. i am due to have mirena coil replaced as my current one is overdue and the doctor said this will give me the progrsterone side of things. i asked her if it could be the coil running out that is causing this, but she said no. So fed up. i havent been able to work as im so depressed and anxious about it. i need to earn some money. please help

Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.