I have suffered with backpain for years caused by heavy lifting from nursing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I know many people suffer with backache and learn to live with it. One month ago my GP put me on Naproxen 500mg twice daily and Omeprisole for sickness.

On Christmas eve I went to A&E with unbearable pain that was so bad I could not breath.

I was given pain killing drugs and anitsickness via a drip. A further scan showed nothing, thank goodness.

The next day I was sent home from the hospital with a new prescription for Tramadol 50mg three times daily.

During the first day after taking one pill, the pain went away. But I vomited and then had a job to stay awake.

I thought it was because I was so tired from lack of sleep from the pain. Eventually I realized I was not breathing properly which frightened the life out of me. Of course I stopped taking this medication.

I think this medication should be banned

I sort further treatment of Physiotherapy, a steroid injection and tried to walk twice a day with sticks.

My pain has sine subsided and I am feeling better now.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.