I have weaned myself off Sertraline over four months after taking it for 4 years at 50 mg per day.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Now i have been off Sertraline for the last 2 months. I have been having severe withdrawal symptoms like crying frequently over the smallest things, tightness in the chest and severe anxiety. Dont know what to do. But i will never go back on the medication again. I would like to know how other people have dealt with this and whether i will finally be able to beat this.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anna, have your heard of mindfulness, it was suggested to me and from what I've seen it looks really useful. Have you thought of yoga, pilates or something like that, it might help for you to get out. Good luck, feel for you.x

• Posted

Yes Sam i am going for meditation and yoga classes and ivalso go to the gym. I do feel a change for the better. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway! Thanks for your support.
    • Posted

Good luck to us both, hopefully we'll both be ok, keep in touch.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.