I just wanted to say hello

Posted , 10 users are following.

A good friend of mine had me crying on her shoulder today. She sent me a link for this forum. I feel scared, I'm 48 years old and ny periods are still monthly but weeks early or late. I feel anxious about my life, lost virtually all of my coping mechanisms, feel angry and otherwise like a lump of concrete some days where feeling anything at all seems impossible. I can't talk to my husband and he's lost for words watching me sit feeling desperately empty and crying. Worst thing is my kids don't deserve a mum like this and these days are coming indiscriminately and without warning. How can you put into words that you can't think straight and you feel dead inside without him thinking it's his fault.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi and welcome to the club none of us wanted to join lol.

I am just 49 and for the last few years have had weird symptoms on and off.

Last October it hit me literally overnight with anxiety sweats depression headaches indigestion palpitations aching muscles sore tongue and constipation. (Which I have never had in my life). I just felt miserable but all tests were ok. My doctor offered an AD to help the moods and sweating because I can't do hrt but thought I would try and help myself with diet and exercise. I cut out caffeine which really helped and i improved the last few months but this month its reappeared again. I think I am only at the beginning of this because I am still regular so just trying to cope day to day. I know how you feel about your husband and kids because I feel the same....i feel like I am not really there for them atm...but they try to be supportive so thats something. Just come on here and talk when you are feeling over whelmed...we all know what you are going through xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.