i'm 11 yrs old and have Achalasia and find it hard to cope

Posted , 5 users are following.

my name is Eilidh and i'm 11 yrs old at the moment and find Achalasia very hard to live with. i've had difficulty swallowing and gurgling for about 1 year now . sad but at the time thought nothing of it. then it got worse. so i got a barium swallow on the 9th of october and was diagnosed with Achalasia . then a week later i could practically keep nothing down and was throwing up everything i put in my mouth. ( even WATER !) so i was taken into Yorkhill childrens hospital in glasgow that afternoon . i was then a patient in yorkhill for 2 weeks as they had to put a camera down my gullet to have a look. this procedure lasted about roughly 2 hours. ( don't worry i was asleep at the time ) i have been aloud home from yorhill, but for 2 weeks only and on 13/11/08 i will then have my heller Myotomy to stretch my gullet . until then i am getting fed multi-fibre milk and water through a nasogastric tube . it's wierd i'm not hungry....i just miss food and juice so much !! sad hopefully i'll be able to eat my christmas dinner ! :?

it feels really good to know that i'm not alone suffering this horrible disorder.

good luck to everyone out there who are suffering Achalasia ! smile

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No, don't \"HAND in there\" ....

HANG in there

:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.