I’m 13 and bleeding from my vagina. I don’t think it’s my period. Please help.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. My name is Grace and I’m sorry if this post comes off as whiny or rushed, I’m just really scared.

About 2 days ago now I went to urinate in the bathroom and upon wiping myself realised a tiny bit of blood. I dismissed it, and carried on. Later that day, I went bathroom again and blood was on the toilet paper again when I wiped my female privates.

Yesterday, it got worse. I searched up symptoms and assumed it was just a vagina cut that would heal, I had shaved a few days before after all, but the blood on the paper got worse. Yesterday night, after going to the toilet, I looked over it and realised I had been urinating blood and when I went to wipe myself there was more blood than ever. 

I put a lot of tissue inside my pants incase I bleed that night and when I woke up at around 4am it was cover, mainly from the part of the lower vagina, where I assume my cut is. I switched it out and when I woke up recently it was covered again.

I haven’t started my period yet and am 13, turning 14 in November, so I thought it would be that but I don’t think this is normal. I weigh about 6 and a half stone and am 154cm or 5 foot.

Please help me. My parents are strict and I haven’t told them yet but I’m so, so scared. Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Some little girls get their period at 11 years old, I think that is what's happening to you sweetie. Don't worry you will be fine its natural. 

• Posted

You have started your period. It should last no longer than 7 days. Having a period means you go, day 'and' night, so wear pads until is over. Change them regularly, especially if you are out, away from home. Even if your "flow" is light, you should change every couple hours or so,to help, sanitarily. I hate to say this, but everything has an "odor" to it and if your pad is soiled, that is why you should change every so often. Also, you may have a heavy flow and pads or tampons, will only hold so much, before they get too much, and soil your clothes. Girls can have irregular periods at first, so, it won't hurt to keep a pad discreetly tucked away in your purse, or, somewhere. You do need to confide in your mother.

• Posted

There is no way to hide it from your mother. I tried and failed. I am sure she’s expecting it anyways. Also your period will be irregular for some months so always carry pads or tampons just in case. After some time your periods will get regular. For me it was every 28 days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.