I'm 15 and had "brain fog" for about two weeks...

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I'm 15 and have been experiencing brain fog for the last two weeks.

During the past year I stupidely got in to a sort of "party life" using a LOT of MDMA(monthly use), smoking Cannabis(weekly use) and also drinking.

The last time I took MDMA was about 4-5 weeks ago but in a very small quantity and about 2-3 weeks before that, but in a much bigger quantity.

I last smoked Cannabis very stupidely last week-end(a lot) , assuming that the "brain fog" was just because of a hangover or something, I used to smoke Cannabis regularly (once a week on weekends, and sometimes during the week, and almost everyday during holidays) but have now quit due to the brain fog.

I tried magic mushrooms 3 times.

I drink on nights out with friends and tend to drink a lot.

I also smoked Salvia once about 2 weeks ago before the "brain fog".

And now for the last  two weeks I constantly feel weird, I cannot concentrate, I constatly feel sort of "buzzed out" but in a bad way, when ever I do try to concentrate my brain sort of heats up and I get a headache and it gets much much worse, at sometimes  I feel as though it is fading away and coming to an end but, then it just comes back as usual also I sometimes feel a sort of liquid going through my head and to the back of my eyes that feels like if it were bleeding and forgetfullness like I've never had before. 

What I find strange is that in recent weeks I have not done MDMA (which in Oct-Jan I used a LOT and barely affected in anyway me and managed to get good marks at school one of the reasons why I stupidely continued) but still have smoked Cannabis  a bit more than usual but still I felt normal up until two weeks ago which during which I drank, smoked Cannabis and Salvia which is nothing compared to what I would usually do, so I find it strange that this only started two weeks ago sort of "out of the blue" .

I'm very very worried about this and will take all the information and advice you can give and what I should, if it will last ? 

Thank you 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Diggory,

firstly i I must apologies if anything I say comes across as preaching, I'm now in my 40s but in my day I've done the lot. LSD, speed, E, coke etc so please don't write me off as an oldie with no knowledge. I also have sons who have been in your shoes and felt they could turn to me. Finally I have depression and anxiety which while not totally because of drugs they sure didn't help. 

I want to tell you to stop, stop now but I know that is difficult. I would advise you to seek help regarding substance misuse most of which are anonymous. The sad thing about drugs is that they are so easy, one pill, one puff and the world is a better place. The trouble my friend is that it will ruin your life, the high will get shorter, the come down will get worse, the need will get greater. One of my sons ruined his army career by taking drugs just once, the other ended up dealing a bit of weed to friends to get by. The police didn't see it this way and he narrowly missed jail, but he had no hope of a job and at 30 is living at home while we support him through college. I stole money from friends and family and a good friend of mine took so much that she became schizophrenic. The fog you feel is your brain trying to cope. Please my friend get help, stop now and don't let your peers influence you. Close your eyes and imagine your life in 10 years if you keep taking drugs then imagine your life being a strong, dedicated individual.

i say all this with compassion, life is important and don't become like me full of regret for a lost life

• Posted

Should I speak to my parents about this ? 

The thing that is really worrying me is the brain fog ,not so much drug dependancy which I wouldn't consider having, the only drug I use on a regular weekly basis is Cannabis and that is used only once a week.

The brain fog has made me quite scared of drugs now ...

• Posted

They may freak about it but if your serious about getting off the drugs you should do it, expect to be grounded for the foreseeable future. I find that being honest is usually the best way to be just speak to them and tell them what you want to do and ask them for there help, yes they'll probably be angry but most likely supportive
    • Posted

As Andrew said, expect them to freak a bit, tears, and some time honoured "why didn't you talk to us" or "I bet it was s fault etc etc, but they will help and probably amaze you with their support. Oh and they will watch you like a hawk but then I'm 40 and my mum still checks I'm taking my meds lol
  • Posted

Hi diggory,

There is an NHS clinic in London that provides expert advice around club drugs, free and confidential advice, it's an NHS clinic, google them - "Club Drug Clinic". This is from their website: "The CNWL Club Drug Clinic has expert knowledge of all types of club drugs including GHB/GBL, methamphetamine, ketamine, mephedrone, cocaine, MDMA and the variety of legal highs and research chemicals".

You can phone them or email them. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Ok thank you very much for that information, will be sending them an email as soon as possible ...
  • Posted

Hi there,

Well you've made the first step that is one of the bravest things you can do, I recently went to my GP about my codeine addiction, I get the brain fog when I am on the come down and then start to think about the drug and just need to keep myself busy. We're all here to help each other through our addictions and problems so don't hesitate to message on here.

Andy

• Posted

Until I get my next dose but I have started tapering off the drug, but seeing what you are taking you should confide in a local NHS to help you off of them maybe with something like methadone, I was scared when I came forward to my GP he didn't look down at me but you'll get through this smile
    • Posted

Thank you but I don't really have a dependancy on MDMA or Cannabis.

I only do MDMA once a month if that,at a party or something , but  during holidays for example I'll take it   in much higher doses and more often than I would otherwise .

And Cannabis I smoke on week ends and a lot during the holidays.

But what I don't understand is that  I haven't touched MDMA for about 5 weeks and, smoked Cannabis only a bit more than usual plus the salvia I smoked, why I suddenly got this  brain fog two weeks ago when only smoking a bit more cannabis than usual and salvia once instead of when I would take high doses of mdma.

• Posted

Diggory, you can't be sure exactly what you are taking or smoking... there is no way of knowing other than hoping what people you are buying from, and their "higher ups" tell you is correct.

You seem like a sensible person, you should of course stop using, as you're having these symptoms. 

• Posted

Yes this "brain fog" has made me realise my total and utter stupidity, I thought  that since no real bad effects were happening and that I was functioning as usual and doing well at school that I could continue with no side effects. 

Now that I have realised how stupid and naif I have been in these past months I just pray that this pain and confusion  that is going on in my mind can cease and that I can be as normal again, otherwise if it doesn't I really don't know what to do...

• Posted

I would recommend seeing your GP though, they may have a better idea of drug reactions etc. It is good that you have seen the light now so to speak. When buying these drugs as SMGP said you have to rely on what other say, tbh I barely trust anyone... It will take time to recover but you will have people who can help!
    • Posted

I personally would never confide in my GP as its then always on your medical records. If you ever need a medical reference (and they are very comman now) The GP will be obliged to give this information.....be it to social workers, health social care jobs and also if you volunteer!  A friend who was going on mild anti depressents only  mentioned she drinks just  a couple of glasses of wine on an evening, the dr supplied this information when she wanted to start a volunteer befriending scheme......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.