I'm 16 and suffering from severe anxiety are my symtoms normal because I'm have a break down

Posted , 11 users are following.

Every symptom I have I diagnose myself online. I have had nonstop symptoms for months now and I can't seem to shake them I always think I have heart fluid ease or I'm going to have a heart attack any moment because I have some chest pains that come in waves and I've had shortness of breath, that symptom slwas new three weeks ago, and it never disappears until I'm really distracted. I think I have brain diseases because the more I think about it and concentrate I freak out because I forget things and balance issues that also come sin waves when I concentrate on that and sometimes I can't sleep because of chest and breathing because I freak out and I am a lot more sensitive to things now. I have now where o turn it anyone to talk to that will understand and sometimes I just break down and cry because this has become my life. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also recently within the last week I've been fatigued and crampy in the abdominal area sometimes just every where for no reason

• Posted

First of all.. You are not alone.. Have you seen a doctor for this?! Have they ran tests?! With anxiety I sera lot of people that have a lot of "fear" I myself have depression/anxiety & STRESS & I have suffered a lot from it too.. When I first got really bad I had all these symptoms from the anxiety which caused stress which caused more symptoms.. My symptoms have been abnormal bowels.. Sharp stomache cramps everywhere.. Bloating .. Nausea.. Tingling & pins & needle feelings in head and all over body. Sharp pains in my head .. Numbness.. Floaters.. And I can probably name a few more but geez it's so much.. All of its scary but I have to keep telling myself I'm ok.. It's anxiety! Its a part of my life now & you have to either get medicine from dr or find a way to deal with it in your own way.. I'm not on meds & it's hard but really the advice I can give you is not to google anything cause I did & it makes it worse .. See your doctor first though to see what they candy for you.. I know it's horrible but also talking to others going through this has helped me too..
    • Posted

Could this be due to your period? This sounds like Symptoms of a period coming or that your period is already here. Symptoms of getting your period could start a week before it even comes so if you are expecting a period it could be from this. I'm not sure if you're a female or male so obviously this only applies if you're female but if you're a male, then this can definitely be a sign of anxiety. Pretty much any physical symptoms can be manifested by anxiety someway. Anxiety is powerful
    • Posted

Thankyou Nicole101681 I have a lot of those same symptoms it helps to know I'm not alone
  • Posted

I hope you have mentioned all this to your gp. If not its best you do.
  • Posted

Hi schwwynn, you have anxiety, and are experiencing panic attacks, believe me I have had loads and you are experiencing the same symptoms, go to your GP, - I didnt know what was happening to me for a long time, I had 2 ambulances called out,- you are not alone!! once you know that these symptoms are panic attacks, you can learn to deal with them, 

all the best, and you will be ok

• Posted

Hi baby,

I know you're going through and how scary it is. I have had all of these issues and more. The one I had the most trouble with was the balance issues. I would feel dizzy and off-balance a lot and that was really terrifying to me for some reason. It feels like you're going to fall or somethingwhen having balance issues. But yes I've had all the other symptoms you describe too. I can't tell you how many times I've thought I was going to have a heart attack. But the fact that you're 16 is a good sign that you're probably not going to have a heart attack I would guarantee it but I'm not a doctor or medical professionals so I can't do that. But having a heart attack at 16 is extremely extremely unlikely. I just made a post about chest pains too. The chest pains are also really scary. Anxiety is really really scary and can do so much to you physically and I'm sorry that you're going through this. Have you tried talking to a doctor? To go to the doctor I know you probably need your parents permission, so have you talk to your parents about this or whoever you may live with.I don't want you to feel alone in this. The sooner you get help the sooner it will be easier to overcome. For the few first few months of my anxiety I had constant nonstop symptoms you're describing and many more. But after therapy and positive self talk I eventually started getting better and better and now I still have some physical symptoms and some anxiety but it is way better. so if I can offer you any advice it would be to go help them not to be afraid to talk to people about it. And just relax and the fact that nothing is probably wrong with you even though you have many scary symptoms, it's probably just anxiety causing it as scary as it is. Hang in there

• Posted

Thank you whitney74579 it really helps know that I have some one relatable I know I have this through family and my mom and grandma help me out but the fact is sometimes I just think I m different from them and there is actually things wrong with me. Can't tell you how much it helps to know there's sone one out there expirience ing the same thing!
  • Posted

If you look at th posts on this site you will see that all your symptoms are very common in anxiety. I have experienced those symptoms and asked the same questions on here about them.

I also have a tendency to diagnose myself with serious illnesses based on a few symptoms.

Google is the worst things ever! You should never Google your symptoms, I have been severely anxious for months but since I have stopped googling I am a lot less anxious because all the results on Google for symptoms are just scare mongering. I googled the other day just to find out what the artery in the neck is called because I'd forgotten and was helping my friend with some coursework and the first result that popped up was - well it was to do with disease and illness and what not and that was just from asking what an artery was called!

Do not Google. Dizziness and lack of balance etc. Are symptoms of anxiety. I mean I lose my balance sometimes but have you ever considered that is because your mind is so focused on your anxiety that you can't function in other ways.

Sometimes I can't take information in because my mind is occupied else where.

Your chest pain is more than likely muscular from putting so much strain on your chest from breathing shallow. I have had very severe chest pain which lasted a week because my muscles in chest were inflamed. See your gp about this instead of googling, they will more than likely tell you to take ibuprofen or give you ibuprofen gel and tell you to rest. It works!

I'm not going to go down the medication speech, I don't agree with anti d's and such. I think the side effects are too stressful and worrying.

I hope you feel better soon, always try to think rationally about things, don't Google your symptoms, try talk to someone close who you trust & go see your gp for support.

Xx

• Posted

Hi I'm 18 and I'm exactly the same. I always read up online even though that's not a good idea because it never helps and always makes you think your going to die. I am the worst for searching up symptoms on the Internet and I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about 3/4 years now. When I first had it I never realised what it was so It was horrible and used to have me in tears because I was afraid something serious was going to happen to me. Now I still have them but a lot less, as I've had so many of them I have learnt to deal with them a bit better and try to prevent them from happening. I know it's hard but doing things to keep you busy will help take your mind off of it and thinking positive. Your a young girl and its is unlikely that something serious is wrong with you although I'm not going to lie and tell you that it is impossible but you can't let It beat you. My life was ruined for the last 4 years of it and I'm not letting it waste any more. I could never leave my house, go out with my friends or do anything that a normal teenage girl should be doing. I was just sitting at home in my room because that was the only place I felt safe. I could never speak to many of my friends because they never understand unless they go through it themselves. Anxiety and panic attacks are a very common thing and it's all just the mind, the feelings you are feeling are not real, you are not dying and I knew that but still I would continue to have them. It's an awful thing to have but you really can't let it ruin your life, I know it's easier said then done but you need to try because you can really help yourself. Don't let it win! Good luck and I hope you pull through and that they become easier for you x
  • Posted

Your exactly the same as me the chest pains and breathing is what I get I had chest xrays and ct scans and allsorts because of it but eventually it was the pains that diagnosed my anxiety and again meds don't work for me I found that distractions work I never go anywhere without my headphones as music is a good distraction anything that stops you thinking about it seems to work so try not to worry it looks to me like classic anxiety symptoms
  • Posted

I'm the same age as you and I've been going through the exact same thing. Like the same symptoms and everything and all of these replies are really beneficial for me to read. I stress over every tiny thing. I'm a hypochondriac and it's terrible but it's just something I have but that's just making my anxiety worse but like I said these replies are really great for me. I'm just glad I'm not alonesmile

• Posted

Hey girl . I am 16 also and go through the same things you do. Every single day I struggle with anxiety but I try not to let it bring me down. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.