I'm 22 and Stomach Pain makes me want to die, I don't know what to do. Neither does Doctor

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey so I just want to start by saying don't mind my grammar and rambling, and thank you in advance for taking the time to try and help me it really means a lot. So I've been having this severe stomach pain for over 2 years now. The pain started off not so bad and I've always hated going to the doctors because I always believed they were way to much money and never helped at finding problems other than obvious ones. Well after about 6 months of going thru the pain and trying to self medicate with weed I realized it wasn't getting better so I had to get Insurence which is way overpriced I pay $250 a month because they assume I make a decent living. But I live on my own with my Fiancé and 2 year old daughter who I love more than anything and really there the only thing keeping me fighting. Problem is I don't know what I'm fighting. Any time I sit/stand up my heart starts racing at about 125 bpm and then I get the worst stomach pain all over. When when I actually push on my stomach there's no pain except for the right side under rib . Any time I move the pain starts off at about a 5 then rises up to a 10 in a matter of 5 minutes and I just start throwing up for about 20 minutes and I just have to be in fetal position while sitting in so much pain for awhile until the pain starts going down again. Then I get back up and it starts all over and over. My dad owns a paving company so I used to labor, pain got so bad I couldn't do that so I started estimating. Driving around all day then measuring up a driveway for 10 minutes in the worst pain and having to manage for an hour to get pain relief just throwing up and sitting in my truck. I did this for about a year and a half just getting by, while going to the doctors it has been the worst years of my life when they should be my best. They first tested me for kidney stones now keep in mind every appointment is over a month -two month wait in Washington state (thanks obama for nothing) so while so when they first told me it had to be kidney stones I did a complete lifestyle change, drank a gallon of water a day ate everything healthy. A month later I had a CT, another week goes by and my primary Doctor (young new kid because every doctor is taken because everyone's forced to have Insurence) thinks it's still Kindney stones because there's was a tiny tiny tiny white dot in my kidney, another 2 weeks goes by while still drinking a gallon a day. I see a urologist who immediately dismisses me saying there is no way I have kidney stones and if I did they were so so small the amount of pain I was having would never match. So another month goes by doing blood tests / urine tests. All clear, another month goes by and they wanted me to cut out dairy and gluten. Now I'm in terrible pain every day trying to only only eat whole healthy foods. Pretty much gave me an eating disorder. I lost over 20 pounds. I was 6' 167 unfit then I got to 143 just changing my diet and throwing up so much because I was still working. Now times starting to really play an affect on my mind because I was still in pain for so long, my work performance decreased, my relationships all started taking big tolls on them because I couldn't go out and do anything. Including with my fiancé and daughter. I had an ultrasound done for my gallbladder and all was normal. They tested me for celiacs disease, they started trying out all sorts of pills for ibs / muscle spasms. Nothing worked, they would never give me pain pills or any relief because they said I was young and could get addicted. After all that it was probably another 3 months. They had me do a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy and everything came back normal. My Insurence lapsed for 2 months and they cancelled my Insurence which I've already paid 5000$ toward my premium and was really starting to get in debt. I also have a 2014 pickup I bought when i was healthy making money, so money is really starting to take a toll on me. Doctor bill after Doctor bill coming in the mail. My Insurence was lapsed for 2 months and wasn't able to re sign up with them until ObamaCare re opened. I then had about a month worth of doctor bills with no Insurence help what so ever. I got Insurence again but this time with a different company and tried going to the hospital in the richest city in Washington hoping for better doctors. When I got there they were convinced I had anxiety because I had all tests done. Makes sense after living in pain for so long that's all I think about, everything I do revolves around my pain. They had me see a phycologist and psychiatrist. I started meditating and doing yoga which was really hard for me and still is and no relief. The put me on Zolof for a month for anxiety / depression , and didn't work, they tried just giving me hydroxyzine which just made me sleep. They tried amitriptyline for a month and didn't work. I tried muscle relaxers Cyclobenzaprine and nothing. I tried Dicyclomine Ibs for month and nothing. I tried Nortiptyline ibs/functional dyspepsia for a month and nothing. I've tried taking multi vitamins, magnesium, iron, b12, all sorts. They tried Ondansetron for nausea and nothing. I gave up on work about a month ago because I was getting very very depressed just being in pain so much. So now I just sit in bed pretty much all day which takes the pain away a little but even brushing my teeth or getting food just gets me so sick. I went to the doctors and told them to give me a HIDA scan which the Doctor didn't think was the problem but we did it anyways and came back normal. I tried taking a trigger point injection shot in my side and nothing. The Doctor put me on Librax hoping it is Functional Dyspepsia which is $400 for a month and nothing. I had enough and kind of forced my primary to give me pain meds after they sent me to two different pain management clinics and no help. They gave me 5-325mg Hydrocd - Aceta and it barley helps but the catch with this is the Doctor made me take a drug test and said I can't smoke weed which is the tiny bit of relief I get. I took for about a week 4 a day and helped I could walk around and do things. They don't work any more I think I'm building tolerance and my pain is just so bad. So i just stopped taking them and now I'm not taking anything except I'm smoking here and there again so watch the Doctor not want to give me any other pain meds. But I see not point in getting on pain pills if there not strong enough. Oh and I also tried quitting weed for over 2 months to see if it might be Cannabanoid Hyperemisis and nothing. I just can't function any more I'm about to lose my house, truck , credit . probably my fiancé because I don't see how anyone can put up with a sick person for as long as she had and she has helped me so much I see it's taking a huge toll on her and my mom and my brothers. Waiting day by day for the doctors to figure something out. Anyone have any ideas I'm completely out and I'm really in need of help. Thank you to whoever read this, it's like a book

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tboulanger

Wow! you are going through some trauma....can you pinpoint when the pain starts?....its a longshot but maybe if you keep a food diary noting what you eat and when you eat it such as: date- time - food you ate and what you drink... do this throughout the day and every day to try and pinpoint when the pain starts. A pattern may form and the pain could be caused by certain foods or drinks. Its worth a try just incase its certain foods causing your pain. Also, do you have any other symptoms with the pain such as acid reflux or heartburn....and are your bowels normal?...do you get diahorria?...have you been tested for gastritis...you say you have had an endoscopy..did they test for HPylori a stomach bacteria that can cause dreadful pain it also causes acid reflux and heartburn.....have you been tested for a hiatus hernia?....another thing that causes dreadful pain......if you haven't had any of these tests i suggest you go back to your doc and ask him/her if you've been tested... and if not get tested for them......best wishes.....for a speedy diagnosis....

• Posted

Thank you a lot for your reply! I can't really pinpoint where it starts because what happens is I'm just lying down and I'm fine and no matter what, no matter the type of food, all these medicines, even weed barley helps when I get up and walk around my stomach just starts getting the worst pain pretty much all over my stomach until I can't do it any more and just start throwing up and can't move. I've tried many food diarys and nothing helped the pain when walking around. I can't possibly eat any healthier and simpler right now pretty much a salad and chicken every day. Unhealthy food does seem to make symptoms worse. They never specifically told me I was tested for HPylori I've looked it up before and they said you can find it in the tests I've done BUT maybe they weren't looking for it, so I'll bring that up thank you. My bowel movements are pretty normal really I've payed a lot of attention to them to see if going to the bathroom relieves pain and it doesn't. I actually just lately have been getting noticeable chest pains and my heart rate has been notibly higher so I was also thinking if there was any possibility of a cardio problem but that's a long shot from what I've read. I have never been tested specifically for hiatus hernia either not sure to much about that but I'll look it up. Thank you for your input I got a call with doctor in a couple hours so I'm going to bring all this up.
    • Posted

Hi Tboulanger12

Keep us posted....hope you can get an answer..where theres pain theres something abnormal....pain does not occur for no reason..surely the docs recognise this fact....hope you can get to the bottom of your pain.....with you all the way...

• Posted

Wow! You sound worse than me. Didn't think it possible. Are you only having stomach pain? How about nausea? Any other body pain? Headache or fever? I'm so sorry you are going through such misery. I have also been so sick for months, and had a bunch of tests, but not as many as you! I cannot believe in this day and age, with all the technology we have, that we can't get answers! Have you looked into Crohn's disease? My son has this and was very very sick for a long time, with your symptoms. He still isn't in remission, and is very skinny, but at least is having some quality of life. I'm not doing well either, but trying to manage. Keep us updated please! Keeping you in my thoughts and 🙏🏼🙏🏼
    • Posted

Yea I'm really only experience stomach pain, I don't really get headaches until I tried these pain pills which gave me them on top of not working. I don't really get nauseous the only reason I really throw up is from the pain, I took Zoloft which made me nauseous for about a week and half which I could tell. So I wouldn't really consider it a symptom of mine. I got an endoscopy and ct which are the top 2 ways to look for chrons disease and they said I was clear of it. But with that they say there's no 100% way to tell its very hard so could always be a possibility. I'm so sorry to hear about your son and yourself I'm praying for you aswell. I agree I just don't understand how they can't figure some things out, since all of this has been going on I've defenitly grown a lot mentally. I've learned a lot about my body and health. I've learned to appreciate life and being able to do just small things like going for a walk in the park. The worst part for me is its so hard to take care of my fiancé and daughter and not being able to do the fun things with them that I wish. I also feel like the doctors look at me like I'm crazy because I look so normal. Except for the fact I'm pale and skinny but I hold myself very well. I'll be sure to keep this post updated. 2 years and I haven't posted online about my sickness but if one thing can come from it it can let people know to appreciate life and also if they do figure out what's wrong with me I can let other people know. I feel so bad seeing 1,000's of posts of people in such miserable pain. You would think the government would see us crying out or something and try a little harder to work on better healthcare reform. God bless thank you
    • Posted

Look up the vagus nerve on here. I've heard other people talking about it, and it may factor in, for you. Yes, I am blessed when I have hours, or a day here and there, when I'm not nauseous and can eat decently. I have lost too much weight, and it scares me. My GP has given me two different anti anxiety meds too. I can't take them either, bad side effects! To be honest, I'm tired of all the meds they throw at you. They are not a cure, only a bandaid, maybe. Fingers crossed for our better health!
    • Posted

Just try and keep your head up and eat when you can. I've been having trouble eating too because seems like food does make it worse. I been trying to do smoothies in the morning until the afternoon and then I try and eat a salad with no cheese or anything unhealthy maybe with chicken in it or salmon which is pretty good. But my meals don't much further than that. I looked up vagus nerve and I don't think that relates to me, thank you though. I'm tired of the meds too there starting to make me feel like a zombie.
  • Posted

You can't do much about it but do the best you can cut out some of the bad food you might eat think about taking some medicine over-the-counter at the Walmart of the stores things like Nexium hope that the pain goes away I'm in the same boat CT scans all that shows nothing 
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. That's what I've been trying to do just eat as simple as possible. I'll do some research on Nexium thank you. Sorry to hear about you hope you feel better
  • Posted

Just an update : I asked about H Pylori and they say I was tested when they did my colonoscopy so they gave me Ativan just now and they want to see how I do on it 2 times daily.
    • Posted

Hi

So doc must think the pain due to anxiety..ativan is a medication for anxiety...did you ask about hiatus hernia?..hope the ativan works for you and the pain.....time will tell...best wishes..

• Posted

The doctor gave it to be because he thinks it will help. He says his diagnosis for me is Functional Dyspepsia, so in other words there's no cure and it dosnt get worse or better. He says I just have to learn to manage it, problem is I can't manage it so he wants to try medicines that start getting addictive which stinks because if this is something I'm going to have to live with and I just take pain medicine I'm worried I'm going to eventually build a tolerance and end up here again or on worse drugs. Just stinks seems like there's no other option for me. He said he's been doing it for 33 years and he just does not think I have a hiatus hernia. He pretty much said were going to have to do more trial and error with different medicines to try and relieve pain.
    • Posted

Hi

That's what the doc told my grandad he didn't think it was a hiatus hernia...and he suffered for many years with excrutiating pain then one day he was taken into hospital with immense pain after several tests was diagnosed with hiatus hernia....I think your doc should have got uyou tested for h.hernia. ..these days they just want to get you out of the surgery with a script...and onto the next suffering patient...anyway let us know how you get on with the ativan.....ciao..

• Posted

Hi

The reason I mention hiatus hernia is because of your previous job of labouring and I would say involved lifting and carrying heavy paving stones etc., because h.hernia is caused through strain and lifting heavy objects in some cases....just thought i'd mention this......see how you get on with the ativan...ciao for now......

• Posted

I will have the Doctor look a little bit more into it. Make sure I've had the proper rest done, thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.