I'm 28 on Prostap and HRT I'm feeling so fed up tired and drained.Is it normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm 28 I'm currently on tibolone 2.5mg to counteract the side effects of my Prostap3 I suffer from severe endometriosis Hense the Prostap. I just want to know is this drowsiness and down in the dumps feeling a known side effect with the HRT? Also I've been feeling really sick and been getting irritable legs and knees(but I put that down to the tiredness) also A shooting pain in my ovaries. I sound like a hypochondriac but I'm really down. Don't get me wrong even though they told me I was infertile I've got 2 beautiful children and I don't like to moan but at the moment I feel I can't win I've had 4 operations to help with the endo and I've had 2,6month courses of prostap, but this is the first time I've been on tibolone. And I've never felt anything like it. But with out it I went through the menopause, and before the prostap I was in agony, I understand there are side effects with everything. But I'm wondering if anyone else has felt or feeling the same as me and if they could give me advice. I have to be careful what I can take because I am breastfeeding.

Just hope someone can shed some light on the situation xxxx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I cannot speak to the Prostrap but i am on HRT and somedays I just cant even keep my eyes open, I also get Restless legs and feel depressed. Its not the normal "tired" its truly physical exhaustion. i sometimes wonder if being on HRT is worth it but always remember how bad i was before so i keep hanging in there.

I cannot even imagine if I had small children around or needed to breastfeed. I am glad to hear other people are experiencing this as well just so I know that I am not alone feeling this way. I hope knowing that helps you in some small way. I wonder if it is the HRT causing the symptoms and I just need to change medications or if these too will go away after time? if I find a solution i will be sure to post in here. thank you for posting your story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.