i'm 59 and went through menopause 15 years ago, got my period? again 5 days ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

I got what I think is my period 5 days ago, but I have been post-menopausal for 15 years.  What could it be?  I'm going to see my doc in a couple of days.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Linda,

My honest opinion, and I suffered with endometriosis for almost 30 years, find another Dr fast.

A Dr needs to check your white blood cell count and find out for sure what is going on.

You need to have an ultrasound done and maybe even a laparoscopy.

I had a total hysterectomy 15 months ago. It was only supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour surgery and ended up being almost 7 hours.

There was so much endometriosis and scar tissue it had hooked onto my intestines, my ureter, my tubes were totally damaged.

I just want you to find out what's going on and find some relief.

Please keep us updated. I want to hear back from you tomorrow ok?😉

• Posted

Excellent response Lotti. Endometriosis is not to be taken lightly! I hope Linda takes your advice. Well done to you!
  • Posted

Hi everyone! I have a good update - that God!! My biopsy is clear - I am over the moon biggrin

My hubby saw how worried and miserable I was last night and said he couldn't look at it any longer. So he delayed going to work this morning and went to my gyneacologists office (I had to go to work so couldn't go). He demanded that my results be fast-tracked as three weeks was a ridiculous time to wait for them and, guess what, they already had the results but were not going to give them to me until my appointment on February 21st!!!!!! They said they didn't realise I was 'concerned', to which my husband replied that I was bleeding continuosly and in pain and had had a biopsy to check for cancer and of course I was concerned!!!

They wouldn't give him the results (that I can understand) but he waited there until I was contacted and told given them. Plus, I was offered an appointment a week earlier (Feb 14th) to discuss my HRT and any changes that may be required!! I was too happy and relieved to react to the anguish their sysyem has caused me, but I will be making my feeling very clear when I see them next week.

But, before that, I'll be taking my hero hubby out for a meal - I was getting nowhere by calling them but his going there got them hopping!!

Now my prayers will turn 100% to everyone else on this thread who are going through their own personal menopause hell.

And I thank each and every one of you for your words of wisdom and your support. I wish I could thank you all personally but sadly tha't not possible. This is a wonderful community of support and strength and I hope I can someday give others the support that was shown to me. XXXX

• Posted

Hi everyone. I had a lengthy reply written in this thread but I lost it - no idea how or what I did - but its gone so you'll all be spared the nitty gritty details!!!

But, my reason for writing is that I got my biopsy results and they are clear!!!! I am so happy and beyond relieved biggrin

As most of you will know I had been told I would have to wait 3 weeks for my results, which was driving me crazy with worry. But, my husband looked at me last night and said he couldn't stand by and watch me struggling with all this anymore. So he delayed going to work this morning (I had to go as was opening the clinic where I work) and he went to my gyneacologists office!! He stood his ground until the gyneacologist came out to him and he told him that it was ridiculous that a woman who is bleeding constantly and is in pain and has had a biopsy to check for cancer has to wait that long for results. But, guess what? The results were already back but they were waiting until my appointment on February 21st to tell me all was ok!! My husband was fuming!! They wouldn't give him the results (which I do understand) so he refused to leave until they called me and gave them to me. And, in addition, they brought my appointment forward by a week to discuss changes to my HRT!!

I was initially so happy and relieved that I forgot to be angry - that set in later!! When I think that they could have put my mind at ease (possibly days ago!) but didn't bother, it makes my head spin and I will not be holding back when I go there on February 14th, if only for the sake of other women in my position.

In the meantime I'll be treating my 'hero hubby' to a slap up meal at the weekend - he certainly deserves it!

I wish I could find an appropriate way to thank everyone on here for their support, words of wisdom and strength over the last few weeks - it meant the world to me and I hope I can do the same for someone else on here in the future.

This is a very special website and I would have been lost without it - the people on here are special and I'm so glad I found you all. Thank you XXXXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.