I'm a 22 year old male and was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have no idea if it's cancerous or not, but i haven't had an appetite since friday November 15. Thursday was the last official time i felt super hungry. I'm losing weight. i dropped from 154 to 143 and just today bought a scale. I'm at 140 now. I'm usually very very hungry and eat a lot. i was also stressing a lot(literally everyday up until now) and the death of my grandma on the 19th. of October was the cause for it. I have anxiety which doesn't help. A range of symptoms i was experiencing was: trouble urinating(i haven't peed normal in awhile i don't think, but when i say trouble i refer to me taking a few seconds to be able to urinate), very weak stream, dribbling, not feeling like i was emptying my bladder, i could barely tell when i had to pee, i even before all this would constantly wake up in the night to pee.(probably about 2 or 3 times every night) It sucks because i have no insurance and am going to a meeting with an agent for it on the 26th. They prescribed me flomax which instantly helped a few minutes after taking it. i got the usual side effects from it the first time around and i felt horrible afterwards. it didn't help that i had to work that morning. I wasn't as strong as i was, my legs were getting tired really fast, and i felt slight fatigue, and also my nose was super freaking stuffy. I was very tired at the end of my shift, but didn't fall asleep when i got home. My bladder was going good til the end of the night rolled around. i started to have a bad stream again and some of the problems i mentioned earlier. I took my second dose of it and it didn't seem to help instantly like last time. it wasn't till i officially woke up and started drinking water that it went back to a good state. I also to my surprise did not experience any side effects this second time around. I should mention that before i found out i had an enlarged prostate i was getting back pain. I wanna say i only experienced this 3 times. Twice while at work and once when i was just sitting in my chair. The possible last two things i should mention is that sometimes i feel like I'm burning up and for the past few times i have taken the flomax i have been waking up with night sweats. I'm not drenched in sweat either, but I'm definitely sweating. (i was seeing a bunch of things where the sweating side effect doesn't happen i believe or is uncommon and i saw one medical thing where it said you could sweat from flomax) the burning up thing is a iffy thing though. it can be hot in my room sometimes. i have been trying to keep it cool lately. I noticed that on certain days when i was at work i had so much trouble focusing and it was hard for me to work properly. i also had been on 2 days off and was a little rusty when i came back which for me i feel is a normal thing. The fact that i couldn't focus and was rusty just sucked. I wanna say my memory was a little iffy too, but i just think about so much stuff that that possibly could have been why i was forgetting little things a lot. I don't think I'm depressed, but since I'm very concerned for my well being i haven't been the same lately. i guess I'm going to end it here. if i missed any symptoms or anything i forgot to mention then I'll try and male sure to get them down. Every and any advice is greatly appreciated! I just wanna get better.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

no flomax, you will get retrograte ejaculation from this, if you have to use any drugs for BPH, use alfuzosin, the same as flomax but with less side effects, get MRI, cystoscopy,

• Posted

btw, you can get prostate 3TMRI for about 1K or less, if you need one and don't have insurance

• Posted

So i went to the hospital today because i was feeling iffy and well I think i got my blood drawn. I say i think because i was there for so many hours and if i did get it drawn i was too busy making convo to ease my mind. I also didn't get much sleep last night and was on flomax need i say more haha. I definitely can update y'all and say that they did a ct scan and didn't detect any cancer. As far as the appetite stuff goes they obviously can't help much with that. I did ask to see if my anxiety could have been the reasoning behind it and the doc believed it was possible. They did a good few test but i believe urine wasn't one of em sadly. They said everything was good though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.