I'm a drunk

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm sorry for interrupting your time. I'm a drunk and no longer can deal with it.

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's ok, Max. You can turn it around. Have you heard of The Sinclair Method? Have a look for it on this page:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/useful-resources-487627

It's what I used and I went from 300-400 drinks per month to about 12 per month.

• Posted

I'm sorry. I honestly believe I'm way past this kind of help.

• Posted

Not at all, mate. The Sinclair Method slowly backs alcoholism out the way it came in. I've seen it work on more than a few people that started drinking when they got up in the morning. It takes time and patience, but it works for most of the people that try it. 

• Posted

I take it you're speaking of Naltroxone?

• Posted

There is nothing there to work with Max59. Are you after help, or is this just simply a statement of fact and you have some other plan to "End your Drinking problem" permanently?  

• Posted

What??? No smart ass come back?
  • Posted

I am too currently on 1.5litres wine a day was getting counselling but never that sober to go I am slowly dying tried to get into rehab but no luck I've tried cutting down but then I end up really sick open to suggestions

• Posted

Karen, I'm pretty much the same situation. Talking, has worked some for me.

• Posted

Hello Max . I'm so pleased you have reached out here. This is a wonderful safe place to open up and find comfort . We all have different experiences and stories to tell . I've written loads of posts on here over the years , some very drunk , some after a few glasses , some sober . We all act and react differently . I'm on the Sinclair method too but with counselling also and I must say that talking with people that understand is the key . It's unlocked many things for me . I hope you can revisit this post fully tomorrow and investigate the possibilities and choices you have in moving forward . There is always some way !!!! I'm focussing my treatment in learning more and helping others in the progress I make . Sending you kind thoughts and compassion smile xx

• Posted

Great to hear about your success. This is the way forward for Max. Sinclair method 😁

• Posted

Ok, can you please give me an overview of the Sinclair method? Obviously I'm having a tough time right now.

• Posted

Max, I have to get out the door here, but I'll send you a Private Message with some links to info about The Sinclair Method. Here's a link to your messages in case you don't know how to find PM's here:

https://patient.info/forums/me/messages

• Posted

Hi again Max . Yes , of course . Please look up the C3 foundation Europe ! Joanna is amazing and will put you in touch with the help you need to move forward if your choice is the Sinclair method TSM !! . Please let us know on here how you are doing ? You can always private message me too . My therapy in life is to help others  smileHugs to you xx
    • Posted

ADE, I am new here. So obviously I'm Not proficient in getting around here. Thank you so much for the guide.

• Posted

Thank you so very much rainbow. I don't know how to private message on here yet.

• Posted

You are absolutely right and I second your message. I would have said the same thing. It's not easy and there are ups and downs, but as long as one wants to get better and isn't afraid to reach out, anything is possible. 

• Posted

Rainbow, I'm a long ways from Europe. Lol, Ever hear about a small little place called Texas?wink

• Posted

I am in the UK but went to Dallas twice some years ago 😁 private message? Look at your name and you have 2 stars and the look for a small envelope!? Click on the envelope please.

• Posted

There are some "brick and mortar" Sinclair Method doctors in Texas, and at least two telemedicine providers cover the whole state. I'll PM you some links.

• Posted

Great teamwork. I helped ,Max how t o message and he just sent me a short message. It is working for him. Explained about Joanna and ,C3 foundation. Great input from you. Sinclair method is the way forward! Robin
    • Posted

Hi there max  and welcome.  I was like you too a few years ago when I joined.  Found it hard to work around the Forum.  You sound so very lost and I know it hurts.  Same here.  I have a hubs that can easily drink up to 18 pints when with his mates but at home he is happy with a pint!  I would have put him (and used to call him years ago) an alcoholic, as he would do this 4 times a week.  One of the boys you might say.  It turns out that it is me who has the problem.  Easy to down 2 bottles of wine a day.  Got it right down now to 2 units Monday to Saturday, but could easy go back to 2 bottles.  I do fall down now and then but get mad at myself next day, then start again.  But this road is a hard rock road to treck down and it is only when you come on caring forums like this that you realise that you are not a weirdo (as I thought in my case) you are a normal human being who is fighting for your life and for that you are so not alone.  I do not take any meds, I do it by sheer bloody willpower but I know if I fail too often, I will look at TSM.  This site could truly save you.

Stay here ya here smile

G.

• Posted

Great story Gwen and how honest you are. Like you, I managed to stop and love giving advice here! It is never too late to change and we will never mis judge you. Only try to guide you 😀

• Posted

Hi Max. How have you been? Have not heard from you for a week. Just wondering

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.