I'm afraid I have cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone else on here diagnosed themselves with ovarian cancer? And if so what symptoms did you have? And was it anxiety or were you actually diagnosed with something?

I am so afraid that I have it, it's the only thing that pops up on google when I type in my symptoms. I have cried the last three night about it because I'm so afraid and my boyfriend thinks I'm absolutely crazy for thinking I have it. I made a gyno appointment for this Friday to ask them about it.

My symptoms are:

-frequent urination

-pain during sex

-lower back pain

-bloating

-fatigue

-soft stool

-irritability

-occasional pelvic cramping/pain (not related to my period)

It might be because I just don't know a lot about anxiety but it's very hard for me to believe that ALL of this could be caused from anxiety...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT GOOGLE!  to be absolutely sure go to a Dr and be tested, however my experience with Anxiety my symptoms are constantly changing, and when i self diagnose i have the symptoms for my diagnosis until a Dr clears me of that.  It's unbelieveable what our mind can make us believe we have, for a while i was convinced i was aving heart failure/heart attack, had numerous blood work, ECG and xrays done all came back clear.  Also thought i had bowel cancer, lung cancer, you name it i thought i had it because of my symtomps.  Once i got on medication for Anxiety my symptoms of subsided substantially, still trying to find the right dose as it's only been a month on medication, but i'm well and my way, i'm also in CBT which is helping a lot.  Biggest thing is be open and go to your Dr that is the only way to rule out anything.

• Posted

I haven't diagnosed myself with ovarian cancer, but I have diagnosed myself with oral cancer. I have jaw and tongue pains, white spots on tonsils, lung crackling and pain. Antibiotics haven't helped. I can tell you that googling makes everything so much worse. I have Googled every symptom and story so much that I have made myself physically sick.

It's hard for me to give you advice when I myself am I complete wreck just now. What I will say though is please put the phone down and try and stay with people you love and keep yourself occupied, while having regular doctor check ups. Demand every test you can until you know you're okay.

• Posted

I think it more likely that you have a urinary infection or an undiscovered std
  • Posted

It could be a great number of things but it does sound lie you are rather anxious
  • Posted

You may be pregnant or have a urinary infection  STD.

Make a Dr appointment and takea urine specimen with you to test for infection.

• Posted

Going to my gyno appointment in a few hours, very nervous. Send positive thoughts my way guys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.