I'm all over the place

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I'm a new person here. Just asking for some advice really. 

I drink at least two bottles of strong wine every night, a lot of time it's more - I'm on my 3rd one now.   I'm 54, I live on my own.  For me, what else is there?  Nothing really I suppose.  Even so, I don't want this. I've tried quitting myself but I've never had any success.  I've never had any kind of medical help. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there's anything the NHS can really do for some like me. I think that only I can do anything - I can't of course.  But what can doctors really do. What kind of practical help can they offer?  

Is it really worth going to my doctor?  

2 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks to all for your replies. I intend to stop drinking tomorrow.  I don't have my doctor's appointment until the 5th May, so we'll see what happens in the meantime.  I have seizures quite often but that's due to my epilepsy.  I don't think any of them are alcohol related.  When I've given up drinking before, I don't seem to have suffered anything different to normal.  

Anyway, this seems a good site, glad to have found it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.