I'm an alcoholic and I think I might die soon

Posted , 9 users are following.

When I wake up in the morning I feel like vomiting and I normally always vomit in the shower. I don't eat much so nothing but bile and liquid comes out.. You would be shocked to know I don't eat much because when I started drinking I was 135 pounds now I'm almost 300 pounds. It's mostly my stomach. I try to ignore it and go about my day knowing I'll have my vodka in the evening, but, it's getting scary. I'm nauseous all the time until I have a drink. I have a weird pain where I know my liver sits under my right rib. I think I'm slowly dying. I'm terrified to see a doctor because I don't want to hear the truth. I know they'll tell me it's too late.. I don't know what to do. My stomach keeps growing and I'm embarrassed by it. I hate being in public, I hate knowing that they're seeing this huge person and my friends all knew me as a little 135 pound person. It's embarrassing that they're thinking "what the hell happened to him!?" But at the same time I can't stop. I need help. I'm not entirely sure I want to die yet. I'm only 29 years old. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi seth

just wondered how you’re getting on and are the tablets helping?

• Posted

I’m on day two and things seem to be going well. I had to take the meds every 6 hours the first 24 hours and I have never slept better than that first night. I’ve been thinking of alcohol, I crave it but mostly because I don’t know who I am without it. I don’t know what to do with my days. Tonight’s a little different, I’m struggling to sleep. 

• Posted

If you're struggling to sleep, you might have lowered the dosage too quickly. As Vicky has said, Campral, try to get prescribed it. It works to stop the brain thinking about alcohol. It is harmless, mainly calcium and has very few side effects.

• Posted

Great that you’ve got support, it definitely helps.

If you’re looking at giving up alcohol, I strongly would recommend acamposate (campral) It’s an anti craving drug. Takes 7 - 10 days to kick in, but it stops you thinking of and craving alcohol.

It certainly worked for me and RHGB whose already replied to you.

Dont be surprised if you don’t seem to get much help from the addiction clinic. It’s a long drawn out process and very frustrating.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.