i'm back =(

Posted , 5 users are following.

some of you 'old timers' might remember me smile

i started orlistat in summer '09 and they worked well for me, i have PCOS so weight gain is easy and loss is so difficult.

i lost 2 stone but near the end of my time on the tablets i was not really losing and my doc was considering stopping them if i didnt have a loss the next month, before the next weigh in it was my wedding and from the tuesday before to the tuesday after i put on 8lbs, i was so embarrassed and was convinced there was no way my doc would perscribe again so i didnt go back and tried to go it alone with healthy eating and exercise.

for a few months i managed to maintain my weight then i had a stressy time buying a house, then moving so my healthy eating and exercise went out the window, i got back on track and a month later fell and tore ligaments in my wrist which got me signed off work for 5 wks, i was so down n lonely, couldnt even go out for a walk after it snowed n got icy so in the first 3 weeks i comfort ate n sat around and put on more weight. i had enough of it all and took up jogging on my wiifit for up to an hour a day 3-4 times a week, behaved over xmas and went back to the gym as soon as i could

i'm about 4lbs away from my heaviest which i was when i started orlistat in '09, i go to the gym 3 times a week and also do a zumba class and i'm watching what i eat but the weights not shifting much at all

i have moved GP now and i am considering seeing my new doc about going on orlistat again, i'm just nervous that they won't be as understanding as my old GP

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Quill-drill i do remember you! I must ask whats a chemical diet?

I have now seen my new GP and he's been very understanding, he's aware that my PCOS may have a lot to do with it and he was impressed with how active i am. He has given me a months supply of orlistat and has also made me do a fasting blood test as he wants to rule out thyroid, diabetes, anemia etc and he says we'll take it month by month with weigh ins.

I'm going to start at the weekend so i have time to get what i need in my cupboards and re-aquaint myself with recipes and amounts of fat in the foods i eat (i can remember a few tho!)

• Posted

Hi Sparkles so glad your G.P. supportive :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.