I’m back - second hip next week

Posted , 15 users are following.

morning gang!

In 2015, when i had hip1 done, i loved chatting with everyone on here.

Next week i am having second hip done. looking forward to checking in with everyone and comparing progress.

Pre-op today and visit to podiatrist to get feet in best shape

i have a few questions but will save those for another day .

can i be in your gang??

5 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

LAURA ... YOU'RE already in the hippie gang .... i wish you the best and sending all the angles to comfort and help you thru your healing journey... just think of all the famous people we have joined ...liza minelli, liz TAYLOR, jane fonda and even a few rock stars billy joel, stephan tylor and many more .

keep us posted...Hope xxxx

• Posted

talking of famous People, don't forget prince Phillip. he's a member of the hippy gang to

• Posted

LAURA ... YOU'RE already in the hippie gang .... i wish you the best and sending all the angles to comfort and help you thru your healing journey... just think of all the famous people we have joined ...liza minelli, liz TAYLOR, jane fonda and even a few rock stars billy joel, stephan tylor and many more .

keep us posted...Hope xxxx

• Posted

hello

i had rhip done in 2015 and am on list for 2nd one asap i hope so interested in your progress .

hope all goes well and wait to hear x

• Posted

good luck on your op I'm waiting for mine had preassement now waiting for joint clinc if joined this group and finding it very helpful I can't wait to have my hip and have my life

• Posted

good luck Laura...

pls keep us posted. Praying for your speedy recovery.

I had one done and waiting to do the other.

• Posted

Pre-op done (I've put on weight)

gadgets are down from the loft - crutches, sticks, grabbers, etc

Recliner has been elevated and screwed onto a platform

New slippers and PJs ordered

rugs will be lifted

Ring video doorbell being fitted today

All set!!

• Posted

Hiya . i just got my dates for pre op 18th Dec and op 5th Jan for my second hip replacement (this time right) . the left was done Jan this year . at least i know what to expect this time 😒😊

• Posted

I had my preassement 3weeks ago still no date for joint clinic or op getting really depressed as I don't sleep and feel I have just been left haning

• Posted

I had my op nearly 2 years ago, but they did the same to me. i had my pre op assessment very soon after my initial consultation where i agreed to have RTHR. so i assumed that I'd be having the op very soon even though I'd not been given a date. I waited and waited and heard nothing. when i spoke to my GP i was told to contact the admissions secretary and keep pestering them. by this time I'd given up work as i thought i was going to be laid up for a couple of months.

eventually after many phone calls to the secretary i was given a date. i think this was to keep me quiet.

this date was cancelled. i started pestering the secretary again and she was left in no doubt that i was not happy. i was given another date. i asked for assurance that this would not be cancelled. which i was given.

i think what I'm trying to say is be a nuisance and keep reminding them that you exist. eventually it'll happen and you'll get your op.

• Posted

thanks for replying I a have been told by my consultant and my gp go to start nagging them I am going to after Christmas as there is no point at the moment it ridculouse how they keep you waiting I have no life and can't see and relife any time soon so depressed and fed up but cant see the point to haveing my preassement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.