I'm crying I'm drinking again alone

Posted , 17 users are following.

I didn't take Silincro why did I do that. I was doing so well. I'm so upset

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Please stop drinking. We are here with you! 
    • Posted

Hi Robin, its not good at all, I'm drink more bottle and a half every night. I feel awful. No one knows I'm doing it.

Can't believe I rsng addiction clinic weeks ago, nobody got back to me. I'm still training I've race twice times are way down so it's really starting to bring me down.

• Posted

I also drink more and more and would hide bottles in the strangest places. Would not stop for many many years. Nobody knew. The shame and disgust was horrible. And forgetting what I did yesterday! And a fortune lost in drinking 😧 my wife really did threaten to throw me out and I stopped immediately. 31St Dec 2012 sober and now 5 1/2 years sober. Had hit rockbottom. Can you try again to get help?

• Posted

Making my kids brskfast being sick in the bathroom cover my mouth so they don't hear me. I took a lot for me to ring clinic as I'm so ashamed. I scared. You would never know to look at me I even do Ironman drink has never stopped me before it is now.

• Posted

This alcohol is a bad un that is for sure.  It has a lot to answer for.  I know when I fall down, I am so cross but we have to carry on.  What really pushes me to start again are the awful health issues that come with it the longer it is left 'doing its thing'.  That scares me.  I don't want an undignified and painful death.  One would like to think that you go peacefully but not so with this AUD sitting quite comfy on your shoulder like a bl***y stubborn parrot!!!!!  It is time to knock this ole bird off; you have a crutch with the tablet - I don't, I just have my mind saying - do  not give in to this.  I still run and use weights, ride my bike and people say, I am so  health conscious (if only they knew that at the drop of a hat I could go back to 2 bottes a night).  I am NOT giving in, I refuse and you must not.  We all know on here how hard it is, but we look into the future and not like what might happen if we do not act right now and turn it around.

Keep posting, we are all in it together and will support each other.

Take care.

Gwen

• Posted

I watched my mum drink as a child my dad was killed by drunk driver when I was 14 I would have come home from school to pick my mum off the floor I had to grow up fast. My mum hadn't drunk in 10 years but her health isn't good now its painkillers. She to was very fit at my age she taught kickboxing. She hates that I drink but she has no idea how bad it becomes. I pour my first drink every evening saying just one then just two then drink until I fall asleep. Get up every morning and train its just crazy.

• Posted

You can go back to taking it, Cisorium. Did you find the side effects difficult to deal with? 
    • Posted

It was working so well the problem it was still in my system the next day I had no drive to train as it's blocked my endorphins all I wanted to do was sleep it off. Harder than drink side effects. I told myself I can control it, I can't it controls me.

• Posted

You might do better with Naltrexone instead, or perhaps a reduced dose of either. Perhaps something to discuss with your doctor? Some on Naltrexone have said they get an endorphin blast out of even so much as cleaning house as early as the next morning after a dose. Some have to wait longer, like 48 hours. 
    • Posted

I've tried GP was told to ting addiction clinic they didn't bother ringing me back.

• Posted

No they wont ring u back it is up to you - u r not quiet ready yet - but u will be soon if u stay here and realise that this will only get worse
    • Posted

I got home at 8. 30 pm bottle nearly finished. I'm home alone kids at nannies hubbies away at work. What mess. I'll be in work for 8.30am with a smile on my face 🙁

• Posted

Yes babe done it.  That is why no-one knows in my fam or friends just how bad I was.  Better place now, albeit still drinking but keeping to my 2 units nightly.  (But a bottle on Saturday which I openly confess to).

G.

• Posted

How did you manage to reduse you're drinking to 2 units a night?

• Posted

Defo gradually - 2 units per 2 nights - just slowly - did not have any withdrawals apart from feeling a bit sleepy -but that went - now feeling human again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.