I'm crying I'm drinking again alone

Posted , 17 users are following.

I didn't take Silincro why did I do that. I was doing so well. I'm so upset

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You are not bad, wrong, weak, useless or any other thing you might be telling yourself. You made a mistake - we all do, the good news is that this is how we learn.  Maybe your crying indicates just how much you want something different for yourself. I hope you took your tablet. waited the time, had a drink ...and that your brain did what it knows to do with the help of the medication.  I'm still trying to get mine & I hope & pray I manage to.  I'm sorry that you suffered tonight but I want to thank you for posting because you have helped me to understand something and I feel sure that there will be others you have helped too. Wishing you an altogether healthier, lovelier future,

• Posted

I hope you get your meds soon. This is all new to me too. Last night has shown me drink will still be in control without pill all very scary. I don't want to undo all my hard work to get here. Just not with it

• Posted

Hi Cisorium

Don’t beat yourself up, you are just at the start of your journey, like me, we will both have bad days but the trick is to start again and not give up. With all the support on here we will beat this horrible addiction and be able to get on with our lives we just have a few months of work before we get there. Don’t despair you are strong, we are all stronger together.

Lindsey 

• Posted

Hi 

I had bad side effects at first but am fine now, I spoke to Joanna at C3 foundation and she helped me get through it with practical advice, she is a good contact full of advice and knowledge, I would have given up without her I think 

Lindsey x

• Posted

Hi Cisorium , you have had some fantastic responses here .It was a blip you had , as the others have said you are only human.It happens , but you have picked yourself up and it has truly proven to you that you really can't drink without the Nalmefene. I took it for about 8 months , I had a couple of false starts at the beginning but like you I dusted myself down and carried on. The side effects were very unpleasant at first but they did subside after a week or so .Suffering those effects was so worth the long term gain and no comparison to the days of hangovers and despair after binge drinking . Hold on in there, you are doing great ! I have switched to Naltrexone now and it's so much easier to tolerate, I dont drink very much these days so don' t need to take it very often but there are no side effects when i do take it after perhaps a couple of weeks gap.

Since starting TSM about 15 months ago life has opened up in so many ways .I am more confident , happier than ever and I now feel free to live as I choose without alcohol dictating to me. Best of wishes to you on your journey ?

• Posted

What can I add to all those wonderful supportive posts?

Thinking of you today Cisorium. Re read everything that's been said

Keep talking to us

JulieAnne x

• Posted

As I cant tell my family they would worry too much I'm glad your all here. My husband knows but hes in Brazil a lot working.

• Posted

Hi Cisorium

I don't actually have AUD but I have great empathy having witnessed my Husband being very poorly over the years. Then I found this wonderful forum. The people on here helped me so much. I spoke with Joanna so many times, as I was in despair.

We were guided by Joanna on how to follow TSM. She deserves a medal. A year on and he is a different man. From 30 plus units a day to currently 6 units a week. Yes he had the odd slip up but was back on TSM the next day. I remember for the first few months, the units were up and down, but he persevered, as he felt so much better than when he was binge drinking.

Just wanted to reassure you that TSM is so worth the effort.

Kind Regards

JulieAnne x

• Posted

What an improvement! I have read about your husband and his previous problem s but great to hear happy you both are! Good advice you are giving. Robin
    • Posted

It's great to hear this, JulieAnne! 30 units a day to 6 a week, that's fantastic! Congratulations to you both!

• Posted

Thank you, yes I slipped up but it shoe me that's no enjoyment in it for me anymore. Really helps yo here such posative outcomes. X

• Posted

Thanks, JulieAnne!  I appreciate this, but my reward is when I hear of such changes - not just for the drinker themselves, but for the loved ones and friends, too.

Your hubby has his life back.  You have your lives back.

And I have a great big smile on my face just knowing that something as simple as TSM is becoming more talked about.  It's not for everyone, sure, but as long as it is discussed as part of the options for treatment, then that is what we are looking for.  I only wish that Dr Sinclair himself was still with us to see the results of his lifetime of research happening more and more in real life.

xx

• Posted

Please don't feel guilty or sad dear. These things happen to all of us. It is part of the process. At least you have taken Selincro before drinking. I bought my first box of Selincro months ago and took it once without alcohol and it made me feel like such a zombie that I could barely talk, that I haven't tried it with alcohol and have relapsed many times. I hope I can take it regularly when I drink like you have. So trust me you have already come a long way! dont be too hard on yourself you can get back on track. 

• Posted

Hi Chesca, the pills made me feel very strange for a week but it really is worth sticking with it. For me thinking I could handle one glass without meds was silly, tbh I done it as I'm finding meds still block my mood the next day which affects my training.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.