I'm depressed and need to remove myself from the world.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've been alone my whole life, always with my own thoughts, never having anyone to talk to until a few months ago when I met someone whom I began to become good friends with.

We shared our thoughts and lives with each other for a few months, although we never spoke in person, we were always too shy. She pulled me out of my hole and showed me that the world has at least one person that wants to listen.

We started arguing because I was jealous of her talking to other people except me. The arguments got worse and worse and recently has ended our friendship. I fell back into my hole, hating myself, and regretting having fallen for a girl that wants nothing to do with me.

She now hates me. I haven't explained the full length of what happened and it's not just the arguments that ended the friendship. She said we can never be friends again, that I dragged her down and she has to remove herself from the situation. But hopefully someone here can talk to me, tell me what I need to do because seeing her, hearing her just upsets me. I miss her and I'm hurting a lot inside. The only answer I have found to my problems is suicide.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi James, firstly can i say that suicide is not the answer. Have you seen your GP to disscuss treatment. I think you may benefit from counselling to find ways of exploring your feelings, counselling is non judgemental. You could visit your local library and see if there are any things going on there. Some libraries have courses usually free for mental health issues. Have you no familiy around you can talk to. Read books on self help and confidence. Keep talking here has people can be very supportive and listen. Make that first step to go to the GP. Hope this helps. Elizabeth
  • Posted

Hi James as you never spoke in person I presume your friend was online only?  

I am going to be honest with you now.  I am not surprised it didn't work out if you were so jealous of her that you forbade her to speak to other people.  That is completely unreasonable and no one (female or male) would put up with that.  

I had a fella like that in the past and it caused endless arguments which he blamed me for.   I soon dropped him I can tell you!   You have to work on your possesivness so it doesn't happen again.   Like I said no one can live like that.  

Suicide is not the answer though and I agree that you need to seek help with counselling so please go and see your doctor and get the help you need. x

• Posted

I'm afraid to tell my parents about any of this and seeing my GP would mean to involve them or at least they would know that something is wrong with me.
    • Posted

Hi James, Your GP can never tell your parents about anything it is all confidential, and you need not tell your parents anything either untill your ready or if you want to. Please go asap to the GP. You can then disscuss your options. Relationships online are not always the best as you need to eventually experience meeting people. Until you have sorted yourself some form of treatment put this down to experience. You will get your life back and be happy one day, you are young, and we have all had bad experiences with relationships it's part of growing up and life. 
  • Posted

James please go to your GP, depending how old you are (?) you may not have to let your parents know until you yourself know what is happening. After you know you may wont to tell them so they can support you through whatever follows. The girl you were speaking to needed to end the friendship for her, yes it is a reflection of how you reacted etc but it's not in any way because you are a bad person. With depression it is so hard to form meaningful relationships so i understand your jealousy of having to share yours, however remember she is a human that needs connections with others, as i'm sure you have/want.

Suicide is not, nor is it ever, the answer. Please don't think it is, many relationships break down and sadly that is just how the world works. I'm sure you are a lovely guy and when you understand yourself what is going on with you you will be more confident to create bonds again

Louise

• Posted

I've contacted my college teacher and he is going to put me in touch with the school counsellor that can help deal with this sort of stuff. It's not my GP but it's more convenient for me. Would this still be of use or does a GP have any added benefit?
    • Posted

Hi James, Well done for taking the first step that sounds great Counselling is a good start, i think you will benefit from this. A GP would be added benefit if you need medication. Not everybody needs medication so give the Counselling a go. Good luck, let people here know how you get on when you feel ready. Take care. Elizabeth.
  • Posted

It's all over now. I've lost all my mates and I'm all alone again. I'm going to cut the femoral artery, apparently it's about 30 seconds before you lose conscientious.
    • Posted

james no one should ever feel like this and I am sad that you do. Please do not give up and see a doctor/councellor asap you have a good support system here and things get better
    • Posted

James, please don't do this, things can get better. Are you there speak on here, let us know how you are. Elizabeth.
  • Posted

I'm still here. The blues, in particular BB King help me, it's my only medication.
    • Posted

He's a famous mucisian oftenr referred to as the king of the blues. I replied with a YouTube link but it said it needs to be moderated first.
    • Posted

That's okay. Try to enjoy something everyday. Keep talking here, hope you get to see the Counseller soon. Best wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.