I'm gobsmacked

Posted , 11 users are following.

Went for my checkup, 11 weeks tomorrow. I told him I stopped using my stick, couple of days ago, still have trouble going upstairs, like I can feel the implant. He made me walk up and down, I still have a bit limp but I thought I hadn't, then I had to sit on the bed and he checked leg length, it was ok. Said the x ray was good, never thought to tell him I fell the day after that in hospital., took a pic of it. He got me to stand and do the exercise where you lift your leg out to the side, that was fine, then told me to hold it, I couldn't.

So I have to lie on the bed on my good side and lift and hold the bad side and do it while standing as well.

I had loads of questions but forgot them and I have to go back 3-4 month, got an appointment for 4 month.

I had gone out the room and realised he didn't say I was clear of precautions. I asked the nurse and went back in, he said what precautions, that was it total blank, I said sleeping on back, back to work.Said another 4 -6 weeks off work, go back when I'm ready. I don't know if I'm allowed to drive, lower seating, bending, or what. He did say to continue sleeping on back, I can sleep on my good side as long as I use a pillow between my legs.  As I will probably be back to work before I see him again, I guess I will have to play by ear.

Really wanted to know how to get down on the floor and back up, whether it was needed to have antibiotics before dental treatment, and I can't remember the rest.

So I'm in a bit of a blubby mood tonight and I'm not going to phone work yet, cos I'll just start up again.

Sorry for the long post.

Lynn xx

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynn,  

Nothing to add to the discussion but interested in the getting down and up from floor - 

thanks Bini and Cels 

my dentist said that anti biotics are not necessary for normal dental work -

goodness, so confusing 

do you have any pain in hip you fell on??   sometimes a fall might cause some inflammation ....  

big warm hug - be kind to yourself - you are doing really good - most restrictions are lifted or relaxed ... 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

No pain, it feels fine. had no spasms last two nights. But find it uncomfortable walking upstairs, like the implant pushing against the bone, but maybe thats just muscle.

I have decided I'm 11 weeks, I'm just going back to normality. Took the dog out with normal lead and let him off, picked his poop up by golf leg. Got up a bit of a hill to sit on the wall, felt so good.

• Posted

But what is causing your inability to climb stairs? Did he recommed exercise? How long before 'this is normal' gets to go away?
    • Posted

He gave me a new exercise, I have to lie on my good side and lift the bad leg and hold it up, so hard, it's so heavy lol maybe that will sort it.
    • Posted

It feels like I can feel the implant push against the bone as I put pressure on to go up a stair, could be because they are steep. I'm ok with kerbs.
    • Posted

My right hip feels like that too! The one that's in spasm. Going for my 8 week check-up tomorrow with some things on my list, for sure .... For instance, I can't lie on my back and read in bed at night because the right groin area starts aching, which then shoots into the upper butt area. I'm sure there is something sticking out that shouldn't be
    • Posted

At least your having your check annie, don't forget your list, if you have made one, put that at the top of it.  I just went totally blank. Hope everything goes well.
    • Posted

Doc had further xrays taken and showed me that there is no reason for me to worry. What I can't help but wonder about is that he chose to do this hip uncemented and the other one cemented? This was originally the worst hip.
    • Posted

Well at least the x-ray is showing that the implant is ok, must be the muscles that are causing the problems. I have just got rid of my spasms a week ago, but now my knee on the other leg is giving me gyp,when I bend it to sit down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.