I'm going to try the 'natural' route and might keep you posted

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, 

I've been around the forums a bit the last few days as I have been feeling so rotten. Mostly moody anxious and so on. 

I think I've decided (probably what you all already know) is that mostly treating the symptoms as they come up is the best way. For e.g. I don't get hot flashes (yet). 

So I am going to try Vitamins and wondered if anyone was interested in my progress? 

I am currently suffering from moodiness, tiredness, aches and pains, not sleeping too great, dry itchy skin, crying spells, bloating, indigestion and crashing fatigue. 

I am going to start with the following: Vit B6 and B12 for the energy and moodiness. Flaxseed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit E. Vit C. 

I still have to add Vitamin D and Magnesium. 

I am not advocating that this is for everyone but thought it might be handy to give feedback? 

Also, perhaps open this to feedback for natural remedies that did help you so that others can try perhaps? 

I have started yoga and most days I try and walk a mile (at home, I have a video I do). I am also looking into soya too and soya products supplements.

Let me know if you are keen to contribute or and get feedback here. Thanks!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

P.S. I am no expert on vitamins and supplements so all feedback appreciated.
  • Posted

I would be interested in following your progress naturally. I just learned I am in some stage of menopause, don't know if it's peri or menopause. I'm trying the natural path first too. I also have gerd(diagnosed from hospital), and high blood pressure, so am taking things for them. I just started this week taking B12, probiotics, ACV, natural blood pressure pills, sublingual anxiety spray, magnesium, vitamin D, and potassium. Feeling a lot better in the past couple days, so I will keep you posted. Thanks for any info! 
    • Posted

Thanks debbie, Yes, I've also got probiotics. Thanks for the feedback perhaps you can also post now and then on how you are doing? The sublingual anxiety spray sounds good? Is that prescribed? I wouldn't mind trying something like that. My anxiety is sky high currently.  I started my regime last night. 
    • Posted

Not subscribed, but I showed it to my GP yesterday, and she agrees with taking it, if it helps. She stated to just be careful with it, as it is 27% alcohol, but I only used it twice yesterday. Mine is called Bach Rescue Remedy Spray, and I purchased it at the whole foods market. Can also be purchased online, and there are other companies that make it, I've just heard good things about this one. Will keep everyone posted.
  • Posted

hi Callianne

I will be following you as I have been doing the natural route now for 8 months.  I tried the vitamins for the first couple of months, but stopped as felt no real benefit and found the symptoms were the same whether taking them or not.  but that's just me.  I am giving the natural route another month or so, reaching the 9 month mark and then will see what to do next.   I would be interested to see how you get on.  I do take vit D3 and eat a balanced diet and take exercise most days. I drink camomile tea before sleep, use Rescue Remedy for anxious moments and drink 2 litres of water a day, most of the severe symptoms have gone, some still remain but not as bad  

So yes, there are loads of people who would be interested in your comments, thanks!

• Posted

I am interested to know your progress on vitamins. Please keep us posted. I too have been tackling the symptoms as they come on with no meds. I only take scripted meds, iron, folic acid, and a blood pressure pill.I can't take too many things because of the blood pressure. I do feel a little better with some symtpoms since starting the iron and folic acid. I'm not as fatigued and the tingling extremities has gotten better. The nurse just called about my blood work and wants me to take vit D since it was pretty low. Looks like I'll be going the natural route as well.
  • Posted

Hi. Yes I am definitely interested in your progress. I'm in surgical menopause and I'm about to start taking St John's Wort and black cohosh. I'll let you know how I'm getting on too if that's ok.
    • Posted

Yes please do, it  would be invaluable to many of us. I am aware that cross-checking vitamins for reactions should be done too. So I am trying to be mindful of that also. 

I've listed my symptoms so that it would explain why I am taking certain things. So as I go along perhaps it will become a longer list or change. I will put that down too.

Thanks so much Dawn.

• Posted

No problem. I've just come off hrt and my main problems are aching joints, really bad mood swings, I feel ready to explode the last couple of days lol, my family are all keeping out of the way, and hot flushes. Let's hope we're all feeling better soon
  • Posted

This  is a very constructive post , thanks calllianne

Maybe we could also add some practical tips like diet tips, water intake in detail sleep help etc etc

i wrote in detail the exact names of vits and meds i take but it got moderated --- ooops !

• Posted

That would help so much. 

You've reminded me to increase my water intake. 

I started something called 'chair yoga' which I am finding easier than the regular on the floor yoga. It just hurts me too much. 

With the chair yoga I don't get that, but do get the same exercises and benefits afterwards. 

• Posted

ill try write them again- lets see

This  is a very constructive post , thanks calllianne

Maybe we could also add some practical tips like diet tips, water intake in detail sleep help etc etc

The doc prescribed for me capsules of  Mecobalamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamins

a Probiotic Culture Concentrate - not less than 2.5 b cfu capsules

a bio D3 DS - Calcitrol, Calcium Carbonate, Vit K2-7, Zinc and Potassium Citrate 

Vit D _ once a month 60,000 iu

ive been on those for more than six months now

i have epsom salts for bath and supplements of magnesium from amazon but i havent started them yet

• Posted

Has your regime made any difference that you have noticed? Gosh you have a nice doctor I wouldn't mind mine prescribing my vitamins. 

I've also got epsom salts for the bath. Once again, you have reminded me to use them!

• Posted

the doc saw what was coming i think ! i wish he had explained the probiotic usage, i didnt know i was taking something for  digestion- i got educated through this forum and other net research.... the calcium and vit D was given by another doc, he also got me on bp meds.

its been such a shocker of an experience i dont want to acknowledge improvement - i feel it may hit me again ( the horrendous core peak experience) but im feeling better...i just got through a family wedding i was so nervous about....touch wood...even considering getting back to work...not sure yet..... 

i was determined to get my walks in the park and some floor excercises, have an automatic breathing exercise that i do when the palpitations get bad

• Posted

I don't know about taking all those vitamins. I only take vits. B12 and D. I was thinking about taking a multivitamin for women 50+, which I think contains most of those vitamins you mentioned anyway. I don't know enough about primrose & flaxseed oil to add those to my list, but ptobably doesn't hurt to try them and see what works best for you.

Sounds all good though. Keep us all posted on your progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.