I'm gonna kill myself

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have posted on here a couple times before about my depression but now I can't do it. My boyfriend broke up with me and found someone else, my dad hates me, my mom doesn't want me, and my stepmother is leaving. All they say is I'm lying about my depression because people has been through a lot more than me.

I just wanted to say thanks for trying to help me get over my depression. The advice helped a lot, but I can't do it anymore.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

These are all false perceptions. You perceive that these things are true, but they are not. Your parents love you and your family cares about you. This is what depression does, it causes people to believe in things that arent true. You are loved, tell your folks you love them, and if they say it back you know they generally love you. If they didnt say it back then there probably is a reason for that. My younger brother loves me, but he doesnt say it much to me, yet we go cinemas together a lot and pay for each others cinema tickets. Do not take things at face value.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.