Posted , 11 users are following.
Well I'm nearly 7weeks post bunion surgery and 3rd toe op for arthritis, well it's my own fault really Idont see my surgeon til tomorrow, I got impatient and took my splint ans darko wedge shoe off yesterday, my husband and other family members hasd commented that I'm putting it on now and that I shouldn't be limping and should be working and driving by now and to get on with things like before ie shopping etc. I didn't want them thinking this so I decided to try and put my trainer on well tat didn't go any where near on my foot so I thought that I would try my ugh boot I managed to squeeze it on eventually with a bit of pulling and squeezing in. I drove about 40 miles in total taking my daughter to dance and a bit of retail therapy I thought I needed!!! I knew that as my foot was killing me and pounding that time to go home and put my foot up, well I physically couldn't get my boot off there was intense pain in my big toe area as it's very rigid I was crying in panic and pain I thought the only was to get it off was to cut it off since then I've been in so much pain it's very swollen and I can hardly put it on the floor, I feel stupid by not waiting a few more days to see if my X-Ray is clear I'm sure the surgeon will give me a telling off tomrrow! I'm scared that I've made matters far worse than they it was as I actually thought I was on the mend. I'm a mobile hairdresser and have clients booked in for Tuesday theve all been very patient with me by waiting for me I'm not sure now if I can actually go back to work then. Has any one else been as stupid nd impatient like me?
1 like, 16 replies