I'm in so much pain!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Well I'm nearly 7weeks post bunion surgery and 3rd toe op for arthritis, well it's my own fault really Idont see my surgeon til tomorrow, I got impatient and took my splint ans darko wedge shoe off yesterday, my husband and other family members hasd commented that I'm putting it on now and that I shouldn't be limping and should be working and driving by now and to get on with things like before ie shopping etc. I didn't want them thinking this so I decided to try and put my trainer on well tat didn't go any where near on my foot so I thought that I would try my ugh boot I managed to squeeze it on  eventually with a bit of pulling and squeezing in. I drove about 40 miles in total taking my daughter to dance and a bit of retail therapy I thought I needed!!! I knew that as my foot was killing me and pounding that time to go home and put my foot up, well I physically couldn't get my boot off there was intense pain in my big toe area as it's very rigid I was crying in panic and pain I thought the only was to get it off was to cut it off since then I've been in so much pain it's very swollen and I can hardly put it on the floor, I feel stupid by not waiting a few more days to see if my X-Ray is clear I'm sure the surgeon will give me a telling off tomrrow! I'm scared that I've made matters far worse than they it was as I actually thought I was on the mend. I'm a mobile hairdresser and have clients booked in for Tuesday theve all been very patient with me by waiting for me I'm not sure now if I can actually go back to work then. Has any one else been as stupid nd impatient like me? 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kim. Poor you I hope all goes well with your appointment. I think your family clearly don't understand what you have been through. But do take the advice you are given from your consultant and listern to your feet. It is an operation that takes a long time to get back to normal. I am 8 weeks post op and although a lot more mobile now still rest up when need to. Get your family to read this forum and hopefully they will understand what you are going through

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.