I'm in the Hippies Club 😀

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hiya all hippies 👍

As of 3pm today I'm a new member of the Hippies Club 😀 got here at 6.45am and didn't get in till 2.20pm 🙄 sat up at mo with some old comedy's on my tablet, little pain but I guess that's ok. I'll post a little more when I'm up and about.😁😁

Stay Safe & Stay Happy

Pete 👍😁😁

4 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Happy new hip - wishing you a good recovery  

• Posted

Hiya to my fellow hippies 😁

Well day four I guess now, I was in last Friday for my THR, sleep is ok, I don't relax that good anyway 🙄 so tend to sit up till 2am them ok to drift off. There is a lot more activity on the wards this morning, not sure where I fit in to all this, but hope things pick up and more movement, and pain easier days. That's the target for us all yep. 😀😀😁

Still feels very stiff and inflamed 😗😁

I'm being positive, so I know it's going to be a good day 😃 whatch this space....🤔😀😀

Stay Safe & Stay Happy 😊

Pete 😁

• Posted

Hi Pete, hope you gradually feel a bit better. My top tip, take all your meds! When I had my hip done the day of the op was called day 0, so maybe you’re on day 3 now, and doing well.... Hope you’re ok and you get out tomorrow, Judith 
    • Posted

I do hope you are now feeling better. I had my op on a Saturday, it was like the Marie Celeste in the ward on the Sunday, then Monday was like Piccadilly Circus when the physios, OT etc came back to work and got us all moving. You should be ready to go home soon I hope.
  • Posted

Well done, Pete. You will be stiff and sore for a while but it's amazing how quickly it begins to settle down. I am 9 weeks today and still have a little soreness really deep inside and have to take great care when I bend to reach my feet. Don't try that at the moment!!! I am going to wait until 12 weeks have passed before I try to stretch any further. I know any resistance is just muscles complaining but I don't want to push it too hard as I've done so well and don't want to ruin it all now! I hope you get to go home soon. It's so much easier to relax. Take care. Marion

• Posted

Pete, it will take a few days, but each day generally shows more strength and less stiffness.

After one week, my foot did not slide when I was walking to bed and I sort of rocked back and forth. Then I had immediate pain in my leg and could not put any weight on my foot. I thought I had displaced the revision cup, but it was an illeososas muscle pull. That took 5 days to settle down. Now at 2 1/2 weeks, I am feeling stronger and stronger. I see the doctor this afternoon so I hope I graduate to a cane from the walker.

• Posted

Hiya Marion 😁

Thank you for your reply, all things going well I should be going home tomorrow 😁 been up and down with various staff and physical therapy people, every five minutes the curtains go and there's another doctor or nurse with paperwork and meds, wow it.s a busy place ,😁 been up and down the steps and other things. they just been back tell me my blood count is down, so that will after be sorted, blood bag above my bed I guess. tomorrow I'll be on the home trip 😀😀 thanks again to all. . .

Stay Safe & Stay Happy 😊😊

Pete 😁

• Posted

You must be special pete😂 I saw hardly anyone the only time I really saw a physio was when he gave me my crutches, again when he asked me to walk up 2 steps, he then said I could ho home.😕

Shame you have pain, I did not have any after op, I hope it does not last long and your recovery is swift.

• Posted

Look forward tomyour next postnbeing snet from home. All the best. Marion
  • Posted

Welcome!

• Posted

Hiya guys 😁

Hopefully I should be out Tuesday (tomorrow) they had me on bed off the walking frame in minutes 😉 looked around earlier from my bed and yep they have done runner with it, I asked about crutches, but they said No 🤗 as they said people tend to out more weight through the crutches, so they say the stick,s will help faster, get strength up in joint better. 😁 Let's see, I'm still up at gone 12am, I'm very hot and just can't chill, best is stay with down dell boy on, relax and just wait to drop off, 😑 That's the plan

Stay Safe and Stay Happy 😊😊

• Posted

How interesting, no crutches, loved mine, went all over the place with them! Hospitals vary such a lot. Hope you make it home today, Judith 
    • Posted

I agree judith, they only gave us a walker on the first day then it was crutches which were easier to shoot around in.
    • Posted

Sorry I meant on.
    • Posted

The physio took my walking frame away on day 2 as well. He said I didn't need it! I felt like my comfort blanket had been stolen. Have to admit though, I did get on perfectly well with 2 sticks. Went down to 1 stick at the end of week 1 and ditched the other one at the end of week 2. I did take a stick with me when I went for a walk for the next couple of weeks though, just in case I suddenly felt I needed a bit of support. (I never did!)

Hope you'll be home later today.

Take care.

• Posted

I don’t think I had my walker for even 24 hours before they gave me crutches, so I did not have time to get fond of them!  I was totally useless with crutches and gave them up the minute I got home and used a stick instead. My crutches now lie abandoned by the front door.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.