I'm in the same boat!

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's so scary reading these posts and seeing how many other people feel exactly the same as I do!

Since having my two children I am just petrified of dying, but of nothing else other than cancer.

It's ALWAYS the big C and so far I've diagnosed myself with every type of cancer I can think of (with the help of Doctor Google, obviously!)

Skin cancer, a brain tumour, throat cancer , cervical cancer , bowel cancer, breast cancer and now most recently ovarian cancer.

Now.. Baring in mind I'm only 25, these cancers I know are extremely rare, but that doesn't stop me constantly feeling for lumps and bumps, pushing deep down Into my stomach or my breast(mainly my left) and feeling around for anything... Anything!

When I'm out and about, busy and doing things this doesn't even cross my mind for a second! Not one measly minute does it come into my mind.

I'm so tired of feeling like this, my partner gets so angry that I will google my symptoms sometimes waking him up at night in floods of tears convinced I have cancer- but still refusing to see a doctor just out of pure fear! I'm a head in the sand kind of girl.

How do I stop this before it takes over any more of my life?

I hope you all find peace with this, xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You stop googling symptoms. Youre wasting your time and creating fears. Its never even accurate. Be positive in your searches instead. Search cbt, hobbies, meditatiins..etc..stay away from negative searches. Absolutely no good that will ever come from it. Try pinterest as well it really has so much onthere but a lot more postive and with remedies and great ideas.
    • Posted

I only understood about 70% of it but what I did get from it I think will definetley help.

I've seen my mum and my aunt change into really strong women after suffering anxiety too, women I could only dream of being one day!

Thank you so much for your positive words, they really do mean a lot to someone like me who has so many negative thoughts.

You are right , I am looking for the old me and I'm starting to realise she doesn't exist anymore;

But who was I kidding anyway? I've had two children, the old me went a long time ago and rightly so.

Nobody stays the same after children.

Again, thankyou! X

• Posted

listen to your partner and don't read any more google health sites or cancer books.

we can help but you have to help yourself first and stop self diagnosing.

rich

• Posted

I really wish that I could, he's at work so I'm back on goggle again- still convincing myself I have ovarian cancer.

The problem I have is, I read a list of symptoms and then I don't know if i

• Posted

Start to imagine that I've had those pains ect... Or if I am actually suffering with them?

This is really destroying my life! 😔

• Posted

until you get confirmation of the illnesses I would put it down to your imagination.

rich

• Posted

Hi Rosie, I'm in the same boat as far as telling my boyfriend what I'm feeling (new pains).  Like some people here mentioned, unless you get tested for it (ovarian cancer, breast cancer, etc.) it's just going to manifest and consume us. I'm scared of getting checked for gallbladder and liver cancer...because what if I go to the doctor and they tell me that it's true...then I'll die at age 36? It's stupid. I hate this. Anyway, I hope you can at least talk to a professional about this like I am today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.