I'm into my fifth year of T.T

Posted , 3 users are following.

good days bad days, they are all T.T days, but I have discovered that if I indulge in a big scoff of sweets, mainly wine gums and boiled sweets (sugar in a wrapper ) my T.T goes into overdrive. Cutting back , the T.T calms down. doesn't disappear , but goes quieter. I have tried this /sweetie glut,,, sweetie  less, and the result is always the same .Has anyone else found a product that causes ,an increase in T.T . 

curiosity helps us all .. 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No.  But I'm going to give up sweet things to see if that helps.  Thank you for sharing the information.

• Posted

If it helps ,which i hope it does, the difference will creep up on you,until you actually do notice the noise is quieter. I'm always willing to try other sufferers tried methods ,anything and everything helps. 

• Posted

Yes, yes yes...sweets sets mine off worse as well..so does loud noises, and stress. Like yours, it never goes away completely but calms until I eat sweets..unreal symptom for sure but I tell ya since I got off sweet snacks it stays calm more..
  • Posted

Hello, isn't it a relief to find that we do have some control over this constant menace. Just need someone, preferably a scientist to develop  T.T very severely,,  then a cure might be put into action. I am constantly being told by the clinic ,to forget about it,,there goes the voice of people who have NO idea what is happening inside our heads,

• Posted

Isn't tht the truth.? When I try 2 explain 2 my family Tha look at me like I am a hypochondriac. Oh Tha say, everybody gets that. I can't explain mine is constant and unbearable at times. Which also causes severe anxiety which then leads 2 othr health issues. Medical community doesn't know much at all about the brain and how it functions so appears to me we sufferers just need to stick 2gethr and find out through the grace of God, what may help us all. There has 2 be SOMETHING. But until then, my sweet intake will be at a bare minimum..hope u have a blessed, quiet day 2day..

• Posted

Hello, yes it is a hard thing to explain to people what is exactly the problem is. Can't really call it an illness, I just call it a "situation " fortunately it isn't terminal, just extremely annoying. I rely on Radio 4 at night helps me get off to sleep ,and covers the orchestra that does get louder when there is no noise. See how you go with your sugar intake. Hope it helps.

• Posted

I have been off sugar now for about a month and no bad episodes..thank the Lord, a few x I picked a Lil sweet and had louder T. I'm not completely off, like I have to have sugar in my coffee but other than that and what maybe in like ketchup or something like that but other than that I am off I do not eat cakes and pies and donuts and ice-cream etcetera and haven't for a month except for once or twice and I noticed a difference then. But I also noticed that if I am stressed or overly tired it acts up as well.

• Posted

Have you tried changing from sugar to sweeteners ??? I changed over, and after using most of the ones on offer ,some of them do leave a strange taste in your mouth ,but I eventually found one that suits, and I use it for tea and coffee. The draw of something sweet does hit the "I want" spot ,so I do indulge, and,, pay the price, and always say...no more sugar.  

• Posted

Tried them, brain still registers as sweet, so still issues. Ahhhhh...Holidays are gonna b HARD. I may just have to deal with the T..sad
    • Posted

Your brain may go into overdrive, as there will be lots of bells ,and go into  on/off mode,!!!!  might even cure you !!!
    • Posted

That would be great!! I just know how I long to have my brain back 2 what it use to be w/o this electrifying sound and sometimes feeling in my head..
    • Posted

Do uou get stran/e feelings in your head as well? Like waves rushing and sometimes like crackling sounds, when ya move yr head and fullness in the ears as well?
    • Posted

No, no funny rushing ,or crackling. Sometimes,not very often, I get Labyrinthitis which fills my ears up,and makes me feel dizzy but that's it.

Have a word  with your G.P.  

• Posted

In coffee I have got used to natural stevia, sweetens the drink and also zero calories.  But sweet things do remain a weakness.  I recommend Michael Mosley's book 'The 8 week blood-sugar diet'.  Aimed, primarily, at diabetes control, it teaches you where all the hidden sugars are lurking.   I used the book last year to lose weight, now I hope to get enough self-control again to reduce, hopefully, this wretched tinnitus. Best wishes to all fellow sufferers.

• Posted

Fortunately,, I do not have Diabetes , and my weight is good,  I only eat small meals, on the principle that controlling what goes in , is in my hands ,and diet books are not necessary,,, just good eating habits work,, for everyone, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.