I'm into my fifth year of T.T

Posted , 3 users are following.

good days bad days, they are all T.T days, but I have discovered that if I indulge in a big scoff of sweets, mainly wine gums and boiled sweets (sugar in a wrapper ) my T.T goes into overdrive. Cutting back , the T.T calms down. doesn't disappear , but goes quieter. I have tried this /sweetie glut,,, sweetie  less, and the result is always the same .Has anyone else found a product that causes ,an increase in T.T . 

curiosity helps us all .. 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, 23 years ago I acquired Tinnitus in both ears, started like a jet engine, different noises since, you never get used to it, you habituate to it somewhat, but as they say what can't be cured must be endured.

• Posted

Hi, 23 years ago I acquired Tinnitus in both ears, started like a jet engine, different noises since, you never get used to it, you habituate to it somewhat, but as they say what can't be cured must be endured.

• Posted

Hi, interesting thing you said about sugar and sweet things I'll do some research, don't know wether tinnitus actually goes up and down or or it's your brains perception to mood etc, I mean is it actually your ears?, I think it's your brain, a switch turned on, over stimulation say from loud noise as in my case, any thoughts?.

• Posted

Hello fellow ringer, !!!!! I know that some people  suffer ,having spent their lives in a noisy environment .Sometimes a blow to the head ,neck, shoulder area ,can also set it off, as can continuous stress .giving your brain sends wrong messages  to your ears, and they do not shut down . My brain obviously gets over excited when it gets a sugar rush ,and usually takes a couple of days to calm down ish !!!!
    • Posted

Hi, yes this is true many things can cause Tinnitus, I am sure some people are predisposed, more sensitive to certain factors, and probably Tinnitus will become more common with more stress and a noisier world, we are in good company many famous people had Tinnitus, Beethoven, Vincent Van Gogh, and many more.
    • Posted

Hi, Vincent Van Gogh cut his ear off, and it got worse he shot himself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.