I'm Leaving

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am feeling very low and want to put another post on here.  I have just realised I can't because out of the 4 times I have ever posted I have been attacked on at least half of them.   There is no point me being on the site now and I can't be doing with that so I am off. 

Thanks to all my friends on here - I will miss you.  Take care Bev xx

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey, no reason for you or anyone else to leave. Feel free to post, especially if you are feeling low.
  • Posted

Some can not see their nose in front of their face. Don't leave. It does help to talk. I suffer from depression and I understand. Forget the pious ones that try to tear you down. 
  • Posted

Hey, sorry I'm new and have never commented on one of your posts before, but it seems like you have lots of friends on here and have helped lots of others! Don't leave if this forum is helpful/cathartic for you! I'm not sure why anyone on here would attack anyone else, we're all in the same boat and should be more understanding of each other. Take care! :-)
  • Posted

Hey Hypercat, ignore the foolish attacks stay for your friends the ones who will help you along your way we like you need each other! May I just say to anyone reading this no one is perfect and we all need help thats how we got to this point in our lifes it saved me from going backwards and I will forever be in debt to kate cogs david and plenty of others no one is an expert just a survivor and can lend a hand to those who really need one! I would love to hear how your going Hyper cat take care and stay positive wink
  • Posted

hypercat

Don't leave your input is good who ever attacked you let them know we are all supose to be suportive of each other 

• Posted

Awww please don't leave. I haven't been on here long and haven't seen your posts but I've just looked on your profile and WOW! what an amazing person you. You've helped alot of people, what a kind, generous person you are. Even though going through your own problems you have helped many on here. You seem to have a lovely way about you. Please don't leave because a few people are nasty. They are not worth it. Think of all the many friends you have on here and take no notice of others! Please stay. We are all here for each other!
  • Posted

Hypercat. Just checked your contribution on here. It's just wonderful and I cannot believe how extremely nice and wise and helpful you are. You have been here for 4 year and made 11,000 contributions. I just cannot see where you think you have been attacked. It is just not true.

I think it is likely that you are getting overwhelmed by the horror stories yiu read on here, along with the impossibility of helping people who clearly have totally intractible problems. I certainly feel that way, and I don't have depression myself !!

May I advise you to just take a rest, gather your equilibrium and come back refreshed. You are too valuable to lose !!!

• Posted

Hi gbhall

I very much liked most of your kind post to hypercat. However, I feel compelled to say, you may not see where or why hypercat feels she has been attacked. But you cannot declare it's 'untrue' . I have seen some posts to hypercat, where clearly the person has been very rude to her. I know you meant well but, we cannot assume hypercat is getting overwhelmed, that kind of indicates 'it's all in her head' this is not the case...Some people are actually rude/confrontational to her. (I recall one just last week) That's the bit we all need to tackle for each other, so this remains a safe and welcoming outlet. ♥♥♥

• Posted

Oh, so I just have not found any cases......that's very bad if it has happend. I did not mean to imply in any way, shape or form that I thought it was all in her head, but I did entertain the idea that it may not be quite bad enough to provoke the reaction it has.

I'm more than happy to be corrected on that. Thank you for the advice

• Posted

Hi gbhall

thank you for your understanding. I know I have had the odd one or two here and there! Guess we are all different ♥♥

Hope you are doing okay? Where are you on your journey?

God bless

• Posted

Well in the COPD area, I was using the experience I have gained with nursing my dear partner to the end of her life. Five years of IPF, last 13 months on Oxygen and all manner of Pulmonary meds and also heart meds. She died in January this year, holding my hand at 4:15 in the morning, when her heart gave out. She was 76 and I am 73 this year.

We have a local chemist who had an assistant technician, a young lady, who took on the NHS for us, using her inside contacts, and we were grateful for how she got things done far more quickly and effectively than we could have managed alone.

On my own behalf, I keep up with BHP and mild colitis groups. JimJames on Clean Intermittent Catheterisation has been invaluable, because although I had been cathing for getting on 3 years, and thought I was well experienced, he drew my attention to not having been prescribed the right type of tip for the catheters !

• Posted

Hi gbhall

I am so saddened to hear that you lost your lovely wife. How wonderful you were with her as she ended her journey here. I am a firm believer that this life is only a small part of our journeys. I personally have limited knowledge on COPD, But recall a colleague at work needing regular breaks to enable her to use a small but rather noisy breathing machine. I cannot imagine how scary it must be trying to take in enough breath. I smoked for 40 years and only managed to stop 15months ago. I am now hooked on the electronic cigarette! I really from the heart hope I didn't offend you. It's so tricky as very rarely we got the odd silly person on here, or someone who is over the top abrupt. I think hypercat has had a few of them on and off.

On a separate note, are you managing to cope ok? I can't imagine how difficult this period in your life has been.

lastly how did you manage to use the catheter with the wrong tip! Made me smile ♥

God bless always x

• Posted

Yes that's true Lorraine.  It's not just me though,  I have seen it to others too unfortunately.   Thank you my friend.  bev xx

• Posted

I feel for you as i have noticed over the times i have looked at a posting you have always given great advice , it is a shame there is no way of taking those who cause heart ache for others off the forum but i guess user names makes that not very easy hence why i have my first name as my user name - i refuse to hide behind a name that is not mine , Alot of people will miss you especially those who depression is new to them , it is a tough world out there and we do not need nasty people making it hard for us . please rethink and stay - even if it just to continue to give good advice to others .I rarely put a posting on here as i tend to email Samaritans , also i am now getting more help from my local CMHT as so often i feel i have had enough of life . Please take care xxx
  • Posted

Hi Bev

please don't let the odd twit deprive us of you. Unfortunately some people are not nice when their both well and unwell. Also some people get bolder and unkind when hiding behind a keypad! Rather than leave us, let's us tackle problem posters and where necessary report them.You are a huge part of this forum, you have amazing empathy and knowledge ♥♥

Don't let some rude idiots take you away from us xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.