I'm Leaving

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am feeling very low and want to put another post on here.  I have just realised I can't because out of the 4 times I have ever posted I have been attacked on at least half of them.   There is no point me being on the site now and I can't be doing with that so I am off. 

Thanks to all my friends on here - I will miss you.  Take care Bev xx

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi hypercat

Please don't leave because of a few inconsiderate people - some people don't realise the written word can be just as hurtful and damaging as the spoken word. Those people who have nothing positive to contribute are hiding behind the anonymity of writing on a forum such as this.

Like others have said your contributions and replies have provided tremendous advice and support to all of us struggling with depression. I have posted quite a bit over the past 2 weeks and your comments along with others have really helped me. I like others would like to be able to provide you with the same support. So please listen to the comments of your friends on here and keep reading the positive comments and those who will defend you if anyone does post negative comments!

Take care. Sara x

• Posted

Please dont leave Bev you are brilliant  you contribute so much to this site and have been a great help to me.and others

I hope you feel better soon this depression lark sucks just when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel boom it drags you back in

Please stay my friend  xx

• Posted

Don't go please, Bev,  Please.  I have no idea what the bad comments were, but whoever made them is a complete moron, and I apologise for them.

Your input here has been phenomenal and you would be so missed.  Please reconsider.  I don't have many friends, but I class you as one of them even though I have never met you.

Please don't go.

Pat xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hello my friends thanks for the many messages of support.   I was attacked the last time I posted and because I was feeling so low anyway it pushed me further into it.  When I am on the edge I don't help in sliding down even further and need the help and support from the vast majority of you who are great so I can stablise a bit.   If I feel unsafe here like any of us I cannot post my feelings.  

I think I am going to stay thanks to all of you,  but will stay off the main board for the time being and just talk to my friends in pm.   That is safer.   Bev xx

• Posted

You have me as a friend nobody should feel threatened or attacked and i am sorry you were. I am glad you are staying with us i will support you 

• Posted

You can pm me anytime whilst you have a little break! Please don't leave us troops too long! ♥♥♥♥

God bless xx

• Posted

I am sorry Bev that your still feeling low , i know you have been upset recently and many people posted their support. We are here for you anytime, don't forget that. Wishing you the best. 

Sending Love xx

• Posted

Bless you Elizabeth I will always stay in touch with you my friend.  x
    • Posted

Ha ha Lorraine you are a good friend and we can chat as much as we want in pm.  Thanks.  x
    • Posted

What eilizabeth are you thanking me or the other elizabeth because there are two elizabeths on her 
    • Posted

There are two elizabeths here which one are you thanking may i ask 
    • Posted

Ooops so sorry.  I am sure you are lovely too but I meant to post it to elizabeth20203.    I appreciate your message of support as well though smile  xx
    • Posted

Thank you hypercat 

There are sometimes i feel that people on this board don't really answer my post and they go to others and sometimes that makes me feel like i am not wanted on this post it happens with other posts too where i will give my feedback and they go and talk to others on the post and it makes me feel like I don't belong and that makes me depressed i always feel that way on a lot of these boards where i leave a message for people who post things 

there are times i wish i could leave out because when i saw you answered the other elizabeth20203 i was wondering what about my feedback its like don't I count too and that made me feel like I am not wanted maybe i should leave the board myself too 

• Posted

I understand you , i rarely comment because i don't see the point likewise i see postings via email and when i look to see what members support , comments left - some peoples problems have lots of response whereas others have barely one and they are postings very much the same , i don't like clickiness but i can understand that some people get to know each other well because of them offering advice alot , now if i want advice i go to Samaritans , etc instead . I stay on here just in case one person's problem is similar to mine and i can see if there are suitable comments to help .
    • Posted

Thanks Bev. I am here if you ever need someone to tak to. 

Bless you.

Elizabeth xx   smile

• Posted

Hello Elizabeth,

Please do not be offended by anyone here. I often reply to people and get ignored when others have replys to their posts. Hypercat and mysef have been on this forum for a long time and we have got to know each other from answering posts and supporting one another. I treat everyone the same and with respect. Do not take anything personally unless someone is being offensive. Anytime you need support i and others are here for you. 

Elizabeth.

smile

• Posted

Thank you Elizabeth you have the same name i do. I would like to get to know you and Hypercat myself 

You ladies are great on this forum

Elizabeth 

• Posted

Hello Maria, I rarely post anything myself on the forum. I do answer many posts and because i have been on here a long time, i have got to know others that have been here a long time. I often see posts without comments and if i can help them i will. Most people are supportive and helpful to each other. I hope that if you need support we can be supportive to you.

Wishing you the best.

Elizabeth.

smile

• Posted

Your welcome. I am around most days and i hope we can be supportive to each other. The only thing that identifys us differently is the numbers after our names. There are many that are here regularly so you will get to know them. Take care and anytime you need to chat i and others are around. Thats the good thing about this forum is that there is always someone around day and night.

smile 

• Posted

Hi Maria I understand the point you are making to Elizabeth but I have never seen any clickiness on here.  It is inevitable that everyone finds online friends who they get on better with and can't be helped.

This doesn't mean that anyone else on the forum is ignored as a response,  quite the reverse.  I understand what you say about comments being ignored sometimes and I have had my share of that as I guess others have too.   I try to only answer posts where I think I can help someone and there are many I don't respond to either.   I don't think it's a case of favouritism but some posts are much harder to answer than others,  while others perhaps more people have views on?   

Also too you do tend to get to know certain people better so have more knowledge of their background and issues so can help more.   Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.