I'm not crazy, really...

Posted , 14 users are following.

Stumbled across this forum and I'm so relieved I'm not losing my marbles!

- Can't get to sleep and I wake up in the night and long before my alarm in the morning, brain starts whirring and I can't get back to sleep.  Sleep is so light, the cat farts and I'm awake again!

- Cranky, depressed, permanently irritated, uselessness, anxiety

- Dry skin, feels like ants crawling over me, hot flushes, my hair will not do as it's told and I look like a scarecrow.  Can't be bothered to do my roots either

- Intolerance to alcohol (but on the plus side, I'm a cheap date) and as soon as I have one drink, I get the chest/neck/face blush

- Brain farts, I can't even leave the room without a map

- Zero libido (I'd rather defrost the freezer)

- Heart palpitations, heartburn, tinnitus

- Weight gain (I've turned into a proper fatty)

- I ache all the time, I creak when I move, if I can be arsed

- I fart ALL THE TIME and the smell of my urine could be used in chemical warfare

The gynae has prescribed Brisdelle or Prempo but I really don't have a clue what is going to work for me.  I tried melatonin for the sleep issue, which exacerbated my vertigo and I was having 3 day long dizzy spells.  I have no desire to take enough pills that I'll rattle like a bag of marbles.

Any advice? 

4 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sourpuss, I use essential oils for all the issues listed.  I have them

All!!! I use Clary Sage, Fennell, Frankincense, Thieves, etc.   there’s a great oil called Progessence Plus i love!  I can’t use the estrogen creams because I feel there are long term side affects.  

• Posted

Hi Audrey,

Would you possibly DM more details about what you use and how please ? xxx I’d be very grateful xxx

• Posted

Dear Sourpuss - Now that gave me a good Belly Laugh🤣 I think your sense of humor will work magic for you, because you have a choice to either laugh or cry & I would go with laughter.  Unfortunately, we are all on our own personal journey here, & you just have to find what brings you comfort - It’s upsetting that one thing doesn’t work for everyone, but I suppose we wouldn’t have this forum if it was so simple.  Good Luck in finding out some remedies & when you do, please share - Good Luck!

• Posted

Now your post has made me laugh out loud quiet literally...
  • Posted

OMG, so wonderful to see someone on here who not only is suffering all the things that I am but also someone with a cracking sense of humour over it. What a breath of fresh air you are. I feel a real connection to you and hope we can keep in touch and help eachother. I was immediately put on hrt for my symptoms as so extreme and I also take a menopause vitamin and loads of B vitamins. I have a good old fashioned nightime drink which does help, even my dr takes it and his family! Use full fat milk - a mugful, pour most of it in a pan and put on to heat. With the milk left in mug , make a paste, add vanilla essence to taste OR good hot chocolate powder. Add sugar to taste and depending on strength , add 1 or 2 crushed valerian tablets. Take milk off heat before it boils and mix thoroughly with paste and you have a really nice bedtime drink that really does help relax you and help you to sleep. I sometimes go 5 or 6 days with little or no sleep it drives you mad especially when the tv is crap youve seen 4 times already! I hope we can trade ideas on how to get through this and come out smiling the other side. PM me and tell me about yourself, where you are from etc; I hope it has been of some comfort to you to link up with someone else having exactly same issues as you. There is alot of love on this forum so keep on it. Big hugs to you.XXX
  • Posted

Hi Sourpuss,

Firstly thank you for the laugh ! You’ve described me almost, give or take a few symptoms ! But hay who’s counting . . . As my Son always says ‘it’s not a competion’ ha ha ! I actually thought it was just me that Farts all the time ! In fact I think I’m contributing to O Zone layer !! Who could ever imagined we would feel this bad ? Certainly not me !! Please feel free to DM me anytime, I’m in the U.K. where are you ?

Big hugs Deb xxxx

• Posted

Hey Deb. I’m a Brit living in Pennsylvania these days. Where are you in the UK?
    • Posted

Hi again,

I’m in the Midlands, not far from Stratford upon Avon ! Not sure if you know it xxx please as I said feel free to DM me you sound like my kind of Girl smile xx

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I've sent you a DM.  Do you see the little envelope symbol that goes between each other's name ?  You click that to send DM's. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.