I'm not crazy, really...

Posted , 14 users are following.

Stumbled across this forum and I'm so relieved I'm not losing my marbles!

- Can't get to sleep and I wake up in the night and long before my alarm in the morning, brain starts whirring and I can't get back to sleep.  Sleep is so light, the cat farts and I'm awake again!

- Cranky, depressed, permanently irritated, uselessness, anxiety

- Dry skin, feels like ants crawling over me, hot flushes, my hair will not do as it's told and I look like a scarecrow.  Can't be bothered to do my roots either

- Intolerance to alcohol (but on the plus side, I'm a cheap date) and as soon as I have one drink, I get the chest/neck/face blush

- Brain farts, I can't even leave the room without a map

- Zero libido (I'd rather defrost the freezer)

- Heart palpitations, heartburn, tinnitus

- Weight gain (I've turned into a proper fatty)

- I ache all the time, I creak when I move, if I can be arsed

- I fart ALL THE TIME and the smell of my urine could be used in chemical warfare

The gynae has prescribed Brisdelle or Prempo but I really don't have a clue what is going to work for me.  I tried melatonin for the sleep issue, which exacerbated my vertigo and I was having 3 day long dizzy spells.  I have no desire to take enough pills that I'll rattle like a bag of marbles.

Any advice? 

4 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sourpuss your not crazy girl your like all of bus on here and I know how you feel you made me laugh how you describe it all..but no think we pirty much are like that to some point..no sleep leaves you more then  cranky,it's one hard road to travel or a maze you can't get out off,remember to sit tight and the light will come on OK we all here for you.

• Posted

Hey sourpuss.., welcome to the menopause b***h site most of us feel just like you your not crazy 😜 just our bodies going through some change that makes us feel like we are crazy b*****s ... hang tight Hun we will all get through it .... may not have friends at the end , but will prove they weren’t true friend ... hugs 💕

• Posted

Sourpuss,

Your post made me giggle as well, I have the same symptoms except I think you are the first to also mention tinnitus. I have a constant ringing in my ears, have gain a lot of weight, lack of libido although I don’t want to defrost a freezer, heartburn, I get achy muscles and stiff legs. I’m 55 and get my periods now every 3-4 months. Forgot to mention trying to keep up with the hairs on my chinny chin chin and mustache. I feel like I look horrible and not aging especially when I look at pics 10 years ago lol, oh well, I make fun of it too, it’s either laugh or cry right? Hang in there 🙂

• Posted

I forgot the chin hairs, probably due to the brain farts I’m getting more of these days. My chin hair is getting wild, thinking about braiding or maybe dyeing it a funky colour. 
  • Posted

You are hilarious. Made me laugh out loud. Have all these symptoms too and don’t use oils. Can y’all share the brand of oil you use? Also got a UTI for the first time in a decade or

more. Totally feel like I’m falling a apart. Didn’t sleep a wink last night. Hang in there ladies. 

• Posted

You should do a stand up comedy routine for wolmen like us!! You made feel normal again because I laughed spontaneously while reading your post!!

I think that with your sense of humor you will power through this peri n meno thing....I shall adopt your method of putting a funny spin on what's happening to our bodies...

Thanks for posting!

• Posted

Go careful with that laughing.  Small bladder weakness is also on my hitlist!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.