I'm really anxious and emotional, I feel tired and wake up every night about 3 or 4 in the morning.

Posted , 22 users are following.

I have zero sex drive and just feel almost invisible and unattractive, I used to be confident and outgoing but now I feel insecure. I sometimes feel like just running away and living alone even though I can't afford to. One minute I can feel emotional the next almost emotionless and empty. I love my job but feel useless most of the time.

5 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's like you've written your post about me. I'm Anxious all the time, have a choking feeling in my throat. Some days I wake up at 3 or 4 in a total panic And can't get out of it. Blood tests confirmed im peri, have had 4 periods in 12 months. Doc put me on citalopram for anxiety and I'm now up to 40mg with still no relief. Havre been back at docs today begging for HRT but they don't want to give it to me yet. Have stated back on propanalol again despite being taken off it for migraine prevention fur to dizziness. I just feel like I'm going crazy and can't stop crying. I'm 44 and have a 6 yr old and am really struggling to hold it together around him. Its been going on for over a year but got really bad in August and I've been signed off work since then.

• Posted

Have u tried something natural like Black Cohosh? I'm still working 28 hrs a week as I can't afford not to and I think if I was signed off I'd just stay asleep most of the day! I find listening and singing along to my favourite music helps lift my mood sometimes. I'm 53 and been going through full menopause for several years and it is really hard. My kids are 21 and 27 now so they don't really need me now. Are u sure HRT is right for you? I think our bodies need to go through this process and I've been told my older friend that she still went through menopause symptoms after she was taken off HRT.

• Posted

Any one with blood pressure symptoms. I also can relate to every post here, it is very frustrating, frustrated and scare are the exactly words that identify me now. I don't know what to do anymore, I am taking synthroid for years because I suppose to have thyroid problems, I am 54 and until last year I was functioning perfectly with very heavy periods but functioning always saying I can't wait for menopause "Careful what you wish for ".....

I started just like each one of you with a lot of anxiety and sleep deprivation and all the symptoms described above, but after I started HRT I felt great again not perfect but much better after couples of weeks the anxiety was more manageable then I cut the buspar that I was prescribed because made me feel foggy and didn't really helped. But I started after like 2 months of HRT suddenly to start feeling high blood pressure symptoms, shaking, hot and cold and one night I ended up in ER with my blood pressure high and my period back for like a week they said after all the examinations that was basically panic attack. And this continues I was at that point taking synthroid for thyroid, Premarin and Progesterone as HRT, I called my OBGYN and took Premarin out of the picture from e now to see what happens. I felt much better for 2 weeks but now after my period ended I am back at square one all this weekend feeling high blood pressure symptoms again. Grrrrrrrrr 😡😡I just want to understand why yesterday I felt like fainting I couldn't work which is really bad, because one primary told me for the last 2 weeks to take amlodipine for High blood pressure, he said continue other said no stop what the h... they really now what are they doing???? Please tell me that is light at the end of the tunnel because I don't see it anymore 

• Posted

I also wake up around three or four o clock and then again a few times afterwards.  Wet anxious can’t stop thinking generally and can’t relax   Only started a few months ago 
    • Posted

Francis I am so sorry for you and me. I am 54 having this issues from 4 months back now. Really bad feeling, have you tried Headspace app. help me a lot eve time that I am going crazy a breath and put my headphones to hear the meditations that help me to go done a little with my anxiety that lately is really awful. Also I am taking Bach Flowes pills, and lorazepam 1/2 in the night when I can't anymore. We are all together in this journey and I really need to believe that will get better, I work full time and my job is stressful itself can you imagine 

• Posted

Hi tracie I am so sorry to hear you are having these symptoms but I completely understand as you sound just like me. I have sporadic sleep, aches and pains everywhere, neck back feet and hips and just feel rubbish. I have NO sex drive - just not interested and when we do try it’s so painful it makes me cry. Doc says there is nothing wrong and I’ve had scans and smears but the loss of intimacy with my OH is awful. He’s so patient but it must be awful for him to.o. 

I’m constantly anxious about health in general and I just feel like a no- one. I used to be so up together and fun to be with but even in a crowd of good friends or family I just feel like nothing. I feel like I could just not b there and no one would notice. I went shopping yesterday and felt like I was in a gold fish bowl. I felt faint and hot and had to leave the store ASAP as I thought everyone would see me faint. I just sat in my car and cried. 

I struggle to keep up my personal appearance as I feel so old and unattractive and just plain invisible now. I struggle at work keeping focussed (and awake) and have the attention span of a gnat. 

I have no medication to fall back on as trying to cope without but I’m truly just lost. I grieve for the person I used to be and miss her a lot.

I hope you will feel better soon hunny and sorry for the ramble but hope it helps you to know you are not alone.

Keep smiling we will get through this xx

• Posted

Louise, please don't just do nothing. There are options. And a combination of options. It may not make you 100% but it will make you a lot better. If you want you can look through similar threads or pm me. Hugs

• Posted

Thank you Lana and I’m sorry if I came across a bit doom and gloom but early in the morning is when I feel lowest. I am trying to be positive today. I have some Estrogel cream the doc gave me last year but Fter reading all the potential horrible side effects I decided not to use it as I would be so worried about all that too.

Will try clean eating and get back to my yoga class that has slipped since I felt this way and see if I can pull myself together.

Thank you so much for your kind words - you have really helped me ❤️

• Posted

Iana, I am worst in the morning too. So hard to get going and feel fully awake.
    • Posted

Louise, I feel just like you .I wake in the mornings and feel really down. I worry about everything and feel like crying at anything. I feel like crap and so unattractive .Nausea and hot flushes are terrible. My concentration is so bad and my memory terrible .xx
    • Posted

Hi Carole thanks for your reply. Yeah mornings can b so hard. The worrying about stuff is sooo draining and gets so over powering sometimes. I’m sorry to hear you are low too. Why do we get nauseous too? I have had dizzy spells galore this week and had a panic attack having my eyes tested and had to go home. I sat in the car in tears as I just felt so old and flaky. Hubby was amazing but wish I could feel attractive for him more than anything else. He’s so patient when I feel so crappy. Maybe the extra hour tomorrow will help us feel bit so tired? Take care Hunni and hope u have a brighter morning 2 mrw xxx
  • Posted

Hi all,  I do feel for us all.. (I keep beating myself up for not being proactive and making much needed changes...constantly fighting my body)...plus self esteem at rock bottom...I won't go on I am sure you know!

?What has helped me (not get any worse and weight) is cutting out sugar where I can..just being sensible...more veg, especially veg, cutting out too many carbs etc.  and hate to say but ditching the wine...I drink a couple of glasses (medium) each week..as a treat...but mainly sparkling water and lemon.

?We can't live like nuns/angels...we need a little something...

?What may help is lemon balm..a great medicinal herb to aid cognitive function, relaxation,  plus also has documented that this herb can normalise thyroid function, aiding an underactive thyroid. I have used lemon balm and it is great...you can buy a tincture or tea, look for it in the garden, smell great too.

?Also holy basil tea as well....excellent for relaxation, cognitive ...please do look at this..there is so much out there, it's just being sensible and not over doing it. 

?There are many herbs that can help, but I think lemon balm is wonderful...also helps sooth the stomach..

?truthfully  I am not sure about lemon balm supplements, I think that the tea and tincture are best..

?I read about trying half a tablespoon of virgin olive oil and lemon juice each morning, this can help with variety of things.(something I have yet to try)! 

Lemon in hot water can balance bodies' ph. levels.. ( you may want to read more on this).  I used to drink this every day, very soothing...something I must try again..

?There is so much we can do...however you can only do so much and when you're feeling low it's so easy not to do things...I need a good kick up the...but I also need to stop beating myself up, don't we all?

?Anyway, hope this helps.  

?Keep well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.