I'm receiving no emails. What has happened?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had no notifications for some time now. I thought I was back in but I'm not. this has never happened before other than an occasional blip.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Silver49,

It looks like your email address has been blocked for some reason. I am on this and will post back here when it is fixed.

For info for anyone else having issues:

As a follow up after reading other posts, below is where you can find all of the individual profile pages and what they do. You can get to your own profile page by clicking on your name on any post. If you want to view another user's profile click on their name.

• Your own profile page shows recent Badges, Groups joined and recent activity with links through to full lists.
    • Clicking "View all" next to Badges and Groups sections takes to to full lists for both of these.
    • Clicking "All" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to the full Activity page here which lists everything you have done in the forums.
    • Clicking "Replies" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your replies with a snippet of what was posted. At the moment this will only show your 40 most recent replies as the Load more at bottom is not working.
    • Clicking "Discussions" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your discussions The page you land on are all of the discussions you have started with a tab option at the top to show the discussions you are following. At the moment a maximum of 20 will display as the pagination to show more is not there.
    • The Notifications link at the top right of every page takes you to a list of your notifications. This list reflects any emails that you should receive and can be used if there are any issues with emails not being received etc.

I hope this helps until we get these pages up and running fully again. I have passed on feedback received about these and along with those suggestions I have also suggested a few other changes to make these pages more useful and easier to see what each entry is about.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thank you, Alan. I appreciate your intervention. I haven't been blocked before.....very odd.

• Posted

Hi Silver49,

Can you let me know if you have started receiving notifications from the forums please. You should receive one for this reply but can you also double check you are "Following" this discussion?

If you scroll to the top of this page the highlighted button as per image below should say "Unfollow". If it says "Follow" then you are not actually following this discussion so won't receive emails when someone replies.

If you are following it then this has highlighted another bug for me to report 😃

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Query on another possible bug: I have had a red dot next to Inbox when there is a new pm but there is nothing against Notifications even when there are several unread ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.